PDA

View Full Version : The WORST thing ever!!!!!!!

fishman89
06/07/2005, 09:21 PM
i just filled mt 10g 2 days ago and today june 7 i found at about 7:00 that my tank has a slow leak. i feel as though i might cry. i just put in a dsb and live rock is going but i need to get a new tank quickly. no fish thank goodness. but this is a terrible day. this is what i get for using a used tank. i need to run out a get a new one quick for tonight before it gets worse. and finals are coming so i need to study. this sucks.

CrystalAZ
06/07/2005, 09:45 PM
I feel for you. :(

BUT I don't think it qualifies as the WORST THING EVER - at least 10G tanks are cheap and easy to find!

And at least it is a SLOW LEAK, not an explosive mess.

And at least you found out now instead of when you have a tank stocked with fish and corals.

So while I disagree that it is the WORST THING EVER, it is an annoyance. :(

Too bad you aren't by me. I have an unused 10G you could HAVE.

Crystal

tekknoschtev
06/07/2005, 10:49 PM
When first setting up a tank, there are many set backs. But when you're on your eleventybillionth tank, things roll smoothly. Dont get too discouraged.

By the way, just for sake of research, you might want to look into DSBs. It's suggested to have a minimum of 4" of sand to make it effective, and a minimum of 2 square feet of sand area to make it work. A 10gal tank most certinaly doesnt provide this. If only for aestetics, I reccomend doing a 1-2" sand bed. It will give you more room in the tank to place corals and if you choose to have a small fish, it will have more swimming room.

Good luck with the leak. I'm nervous having resealed our 150, and it was our first real reseal. Hopefully it will hold.

fishman89
06/07/2005, 11:50 PM
well thanks for the kind words. i have spent the last 2 hours rushing to lfs they were having a sale which was awesome 10g for 10.99 so i bought one. ran into a friend who offered to help out there.hes on summer vaca, plenty of time for everything so we moved everything re- aquascaped, now it looks sooooo cool. everything will work out is most of my thoughts now. stop worrying about the tank now and focus on finals. the reason for the dsb is my main fish is goin be a yhjf

Shoestring Reefer
06/08/2005, 10:34 AM
Cool, glad it worked out.

sulp
06/08/2005, 11:01 AM
Oh boy.....If you think that a slow leak in a un-stocked, 10g w/ just a sand bed qualifies as the "worst thing ever" maybe you should get out of the hobby now! I agree that it is a PIA but no where near "the worst thing ever". I would have been thankful that I noticed the leak with only sand in the tank. Anyway, I'm glad you got it all back up and running and I wish you the best of luck in the future!

sylaak
06/08/2005, 11:22 AM
Too bad you aren't in southern California, I have an empty 10g in the garage I would give away.

STACKER
06/08/2005, 12:48 PM
Imagine a 5 yr old fully stocked 240 leaking for 7 days unchecked. A new 10gal. don't hurt so bad now huh? Not my tank, I was the unfortunate one who helped clean up the mess!