PDA

View Full Version : Best So. CA. LFS???

Chrisgriffith25
06/07/2005, 04:37 PM
I'm looking for the best LFS in Southern California. Preferably in Orange County. I have only found 2 quality ones so far. Tong's and Pacific Reef. Does anyone know of any others?

grantn
06/07/2005, 08:18 PM
The Fish Collection in Placentia is good. www.FishCollection.com. They have amazing selection of fish and corals.
And New Wave in Orange is also good.

TheMoneyPit
06/07/2005, 08:44 PM
A good question, do you mind if I tag along. I know that I've visited a few and ended up shopping exclusively at Aquarium City in Conoga Park, a little out of the way if you live in OC. Are there any in the Valley that anyone would recommend visiting?

Alexj716
06/07/2005, 09:12 PM
There are 3 in the Valley. The Aquarium Center which I go to about 3 times a weeks. They have great stuff and a decent price, they tend to have everything from very small frags to large frags. They are in Sherman Oaks. The other one I like is Mark's tropical fish in Studio City, their prices a bit higher but a good selection of corals and inverts. The last one is Underwater Depot in Sherman Oaks, I don't really care for this place. Staff is not helpful and the tanks look a little dodgy. Hope this helps.

jarhed
06/08/2005, 10:08 AM
Coral Oasis in Irvine. Main street. Trust me on this. The prices are great, his corals are absolutely stunning, and they are very very helpful. Make sure you checkout the "ocean" he built on the back wall. Got my 180 drilled reef ready tank there for about $470.

http://www.coraloasis.com/

18103 SKYPARK SOUTH
SUITE "F"
IRVINE,
CA
U.S.A.

Chrisgriffith25
06/08/2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks for all the input. Don't get me wrong the two LFS I've been going to are GREAT, but I'm always looking for diversity and I'm sure you all get the same feeling when you go to the LFS, like it's Christmas or something.