PDA

View Full Version : Please help with microbubbles.

pwilk20
06/07/2005, 11:25 AM
Ok, here`s my sump,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/pwilk20/tank3015.jpg

I am getting some micro bubbles into the display. Looks like I`m going to need another baffle, my question is, where is the best place in my sump for it? Thanks.

Paul.

tiger roach
06/07/2005, 11:53 AM
Have you checked all the joints in your plumbing, especially upstream of the pump? I had a major bubble problem, found a leaky joint and resealed it. Problem solved.

Just a thought, there can be many causes.

outta names
06/07/2005, 12:17 PM
Yes another baffle will probably do the trick. You could also try putting a sponge in your sump between your baffles to maybe help get rid of some of the bubbles, as for placement of the baffle I would probably try to the left of the exsisting ones.

pwilk20
06/07/2005, 02:28 PM
Well, I added some large pieces of rock rubble to the first chamber (incoming), seems to have helped. I do see very very very fine bubbles/particles suspended in the water column. I think it might be the silt from a new setup. I`ll give it a couple of days for things to settle.

Paul.

Someone
06/08/2005, 11:03 AM
I have a ton of microbubbles, My tank is about 5months old too. I tried the sponge thing, and it worked for a day or so, then got bad again. Tiger Roach how did you find which joint it was? and what did you reseal it with?

pwilk20
06/08/2005, 08:19 PM
I`m still getting some microbubbles into the display. I might add two more baffles, but somehow I don`t think it will help. The water coming from the overflows just hits so hard, i`ve never seen anything like that.

Would some bubbles be ok in the display? I`m going to keep mostly SPS and some softies/LPS.

Paul.