PDA

View Full Version : Europe lfs and pricing?

raskal311
06/07/2005, 08:51 AM
I’m going to France and hopefully Italy and England in two months and would like to know if I should look for any equipment while I’m there. Does anyone know how the pricing is and if there is any good lfs in Paris? Any recommendation on what reef and non-reef stuff I can do while I’m there.

Mikkel
06/07/2005, 11:56 AM
You would probably get the best prices in Germany. Look for products from Aqua Medic (http://www.aqua-medic.de/index0.html) or Giesemann (http://www.giesemann.de/en/giesemann/).

Madoktopus
06/07/2005, 01:38 PM
A typical LPS in London will cost around £35 (frogspawn or hammer) but i dont know how you will be able to bring it back...

ujohnk
06/07/2005, 02:18 PM
Hi,
Dont forget all the equipment in Europe runs on 220v-240v.

John.

raskal311
06/07/2005, 02:20 PM
OHHH FOR GOT ABOUT THAT :)
I wouldnt be looking for any live goods btw. I guess it wouldnt do any harm to look. Maybe I'll find some non electrical dry goods.

dark_stranger
06/07/2005, 03:48 PM
forget about your tank for a while & enjoy your trip.

moonpod
06/07/2005, 04:15 PM
Dude, don't go to Europe and think fish tanks. Go to Europe and ENJOY it. eat crepes on the streets of paris. See the Louvre. Go get Sprungli chocolate in Zurich, visit the mediterranean...your tank will be there when you get back.

ian21777
06/07/2005, 05:33 PM
Not sure where in Europe you are planning to go but i know for a fact that you wont find anything cheaper in the UK that you can get there.

New_Noob
06/07/2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by moonpod
Dude, don't go to Europe and think fish tanks. Go to Europe and ENJOY it. eat crepes on the streets of paris. See the Louvre. Go get Sprungli chocolate in Zurich, visit the mediterranean...your tank will be there when you get back.

Dont forget Amsterdam!

sealife
06/07/2005, 05:59 PM
new -noob why would he what to go to amsterdam hmmmm

New_Noob
06/07/2005, 06:03 PM
i have no clue! he said Crepes, amsterdam has Crepes!

JBrown
06/07/2005, 06:04 PM
Because Amsterdam is fun!! one of the best places i have ever been

Mikkel
06/07/2005, 06:58 PM
Fun?.....coffee shops, eh?:bum: :D :D

moonpod
06/07/2005, 07:00 PM
Well, whether or not you go to Amsterdam depends on who you're going to Europe with. If you're with your family or you significant other you do NOT go to Amsterdam. If you're with some other guys, then yes, Amsterdam is a destination.

Mikkel
06/07/2005, 07:13 PM
Since we're already OT: Raskal - shoot off a PM if you're interested in knowing more about where to go while in Europe. I've been living and working all over the place, so....

JBrown
06/07/2005, 07:19 PM
oh yea Amsterdam is not a trip for the family you can get away with bringing your siginifcant other just make sure their cool with the shall we say openness of the city. Personally I go every other year for a week or two to relax and visit friends. We hosted an exchange student when I was in high school who's dad just happened to be vp of heiniken, It sure does pay off I personally can't wait to go back

lacie143
06/07/2005, 08:35 PM
my significant oher would fully enjoy amsterdam with me

Joboo
06/07/2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by moonpod

I agree. Paris is truly a beautiful place!! DOn't waste your time looking for drygoods. Spend your time drinking great wine & eating outstanding food!

New_Noob
06/07/2005, 09:37 PM
Indeed Amsterdam is very "open" i find it comical that they have public urinalsl lol

dark_stranger
06/08/2005, 02:07 AM
So its agreed, you will be visiting the delights of Amsterdam, having been several times for stag nights with my mates, its an experiance ;)
But also remember, Europes a big place & therefore you cant do everything is a week or two. Therefore I would say Paris, London, mardrid/Barcalona & Dam (amsterdam to regular visitors).

Gawain1974
06/08/2005, 05:24 AM
Well, depending on where you're going to be in France, you could check out the Nancy Aquarium in Nancy, France. There's also a beautiful aquarium in Valencia, Spain if you get the chance.

Get lost in the beauty of Paris...I'm rather partial to the country, if you can't tell by my profession. :rollface:

ozadars
06/08/2005, 02:15 PM
Although I have never been to Italy, according to Italian forums there are shops that sell Mediterranean invertabrates and fish there. I highly recommend you to buy a red Actinia equina. A very very hardy and beautiful anemone.

dark_stranger
06/09/2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by ozadars
Although I have never been to Italy, according to Italian forums there are shops that sell Mediterranean invertabrates and fish there. I highly recommend you to buy a red Actinia equina. A very very hardy and beautiful anemone.

We can actually get these around the shores of the UK, of which i didnt know about.

http://www.marlin.ac.uk/species/Actiniaequina.htm

raskal311
06/10/2005, 08:21 AM
amsterdam is in the planning but plans change :) but I guess you guys are right. NO fish stuff, my gf would kill me anyway.

Tanu
06/10/2005, 09:51 AM
As I live in the Netherlands, I do ofcourse know what most people think of Amsterdam. Coffee shops and other 'opennes' is easy to find, but... It has much more to offer. Great food, beautiful musea, quite a nice zoo and so on.

When in Europe, I can recommend France and England. In Monaco is the world-famous aquarium of Jacques Cousteau. I haven't ever been there, but it should be great!

Don't bother buying live goods. If you want to visit a LFS though, I can recommend several shops in Germany and Holland if you like :)

raskal311
06/10/2005, 10:26 AM
dont think im going to make it to Germany or Holland. Plans are for france, englend, and maybe itally.

Tanu
06/10/2005, 01:00 PM
Kevin, Unfortunately I haven't ever been to a lfs in France or Italy. I've heard about a reasonable LFS near London, in Seven Oaks.

I've been in one LFS in England, in Broadstairs a few weeks ago. No need to go there. They still use UGF systems, a skimmer isn't necessary and so on.

Enjoy Europe!

bri23520
06/10/2005, 02:40 PM
without a doubt go to amsterdam, they have the best bud i have ever had!!!!!!!!!!

dark_stranger
06/13/2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Tanu
Kevin, Unfortunately I haven't ever been to a lfs in France or Italy. I've heard about a reasonable LFS near London, in Seven Oaks.

I've been in one LFS in England, in Broadstairs a few weeks ago. No need to go there. They still use UGF systems, a skimmer isn't necessary and so on.

Enjoy Europe!

lol, I live about 10mins away from broadstairs & the shop you mention is slightly backward. There are better ones around the area. Anyway, how come you was in my part of the country?

Gawain1974
06/13/2005, 03:17 AM
If you do get to Nice, hop on over to Monaco, since it's right next door, and check out their public aquarium--it's amazing. If you don't leave Paris, there's still plenty to do and get lost in. Paris also has a museum of erotic art, may not rival Amsterdam's, but it's fun.

raskal311
06/13/2005, 08:49 AM
erotic arts ha sounds fun but how am I going to bring that up. "hey lets check out the erotic arts museum hunny" I'm going to have to think about that one.

dark_stranger
06/13/2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by raskal311
erotic arts ha sounds fun but how am I going to bring that up. "hey lets check out the erotic arts museum hunny" I'm going to have to think about that one.

slightly off topic (of sorts), whilst over in liberated Amsterdam, Me & my mates got talking to a bloke & his girlfriend, who was going to pay for him & her to go into a hooker for a 3some for his birthday.