PDA

View Full Version : What is so hard about posting a picture here guys??? honestly.

ErikAnderson
06/06/2005, 11:50 PM
Short rant.

how the hell do you expect to gather interest let alone sell a coral without a picture of the product in YOUR tank? Some of you clowns are selling thousand dollar corals with a) no "arrive alive" guarantee b) no picture. and quite frankly no idea. Some people in this forum must be making money in spite of their actions.

Honestly, i am sick of seeing this: "rare, amazing coral, so many colors that it looks like walt disney threw up all over it, sorry can't post pics"

Please atleast try to include some pictures, the quality does not have to be the best, but for God's sake, try.

Jeff Littlefield
06/07/2005, 12:01 AM
Funny post

F35-Joint Strike Fighter
06/07/2005, 01:35 AM
yep, no see, no buy

botp2k1
06/07/2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by ErikAnderson
Short rant.

Honestly, i am sick of seeing this: "rare, amazing coral, so many colors that it looks like walt disney threw up all over it, sorry can't post pics"
No pic + glowing description leaves the buyer to imagine, and with $$$, the imagination runs on and on. A pic many times caps that imagination causing a reaction of "that's it?". Old trick, done all the time, even in movies, especially horror films. :D

kass03
06/07/2005, 05:10 AM
I know I'd never buy a coral without seeing a picture of it or at least the mother colony.
I also hate when even though their told a gazillion times to post their location in the thread they don't lol.
It's really super nice if it's pickup only and they add that to so your not browsing through a bunch of threads you can't have anyway.

kass

reefkeeper59
06/08/2005, 02:14 AM
You Go Erik

greencardgraphics
06/08/2005, 02:25 AM
so true, so so true!

deadmanh
06/08/2005, 02:28 AM
i agree with you totally, pictures are the only way that a person from far away can get some idea of what they are intending to buy.

now for my shameless plug... see im trying to post pictures too!:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=607915

ErikAnderson
06/08/2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by reefkeeper59
You Go Erik

i bought my corals from you pretty much based on the pictures you had taken.

bonerfortuna
06/08/2005, 08:27 AM
Hey Eric, please post your price and location in your rant !

biohazard
06/08/2005, 09:44 AM
Alot of people out there just see Dollar signs..........Using this as free ads. Atleast you can post a picture of it....with all the coin your making i think u could buy a cheap digi cam....ya know wal mart sell them!

I mean dont get me wrong its ok to make money but when is enough, i mean u buy a piece and frag it and frag it and frag it.
At one point your orginial piece becomes free why keep charging stupid $ for it???

I mean to each his or her own.......Im not gonna shoot someone down for paying x amount for something.....but it makes it harder for your average jo to collect. I usderstand its a fact of life....that everone cant have a Bently in there driveway but ive never seen a car reproduce it self.

Thanks for letting me rant......
Kenny.

FunGuy
06/08/2005, 09:55 AM
LOL, funny post.

Pictures definitely help, especially if they're not only in super actinic light and/or photoshopped :)

xdusty6920
06/08/2005, 08:11 PM
funguy, so glad somone else bought that up. whats the deal with the actinic shots? just blairing blue, so much so that you cant see any color at all. whats the deal with wanting all your stuff bright blue? are they trying to cover somthing up or do they just think everything is better if its blue?