PDA

View Full Version : BottleBrush placement in tank

cyberpanther
06/06/2005, 09:48 PM
I recently purchased a BottleBrush Acro from a LFS, and was wondering where the typical place for long term placement of this coral is in the home aquaria. I understand that this can be a more difficult Acro, and requires a lot of flow, which I have (1 Tunze 6060, 1 SEIO 1100, 6 MJ Powerheads, and 2 Sea Swirls 3/4" at 1200 GPH for my return from my fuge and chiller), but does it like a lot of light like my other Acros or less light typically? I currently have 2, 400 watt XM Metal Halides @ 20,000k, and 2 55 watt PC @ 20,000 K on my 90 gallon Acro/SPS dominated reef. So would I want to place this near the surface around 6" or lower, or nearer to, but not on the sand? I also did a search and was shocked how little info there was on this coral other than to say it is more difficult at times.

cyberpanther
06/06/2005, 11:53 PM
Does no one have experience with this coral?

cyberpanther
06/07/2005, 04:33 PM
Day 2 with no answer, so I am bumping myself. ;)

cyberpanther
06/07/2005, 10:01 PM
bump

cyberpanther
06/08/2005, 05:28 PM
OK, it's been 3 days (original post was just after midnight so it shows 2 days instead of 3), and I really need some help on this if at all possible. Can anyone at all please give any advice they have...pretty please with sugar on top? I have searched time and time again, and pulled up almost nothing about the bottlebrush. There was a thread in Ask Dr. Ron, and he was very helpful to that member, but none-the-less my question is still unaddressed since there was no info about lighting in that thread. Please someone, anyone, if you do not know, can you at the very least direct me to a book to purchase or an online link for its care? I would appreciate any help at all even if you are not 100% sure.