PDA

View Full Version : New Naso

davidgottlieb
06/06/2005, 02:58 PM
I went to the LFS this weekend and was looking around. I then ran into the best looking Naso I have ever seen come through that place. I had to have it so I got him. I have been reading that they jump. Is this true? Is this something I need to be careful about? I had no idea that Naso's were jumpers. Thoughts?

TrojanScott
06/06/2005, 03:23 PM
I've read that once, but have never heard of one doing so. Mine never has.

Post a pic if you can, love Nasos!

davidgottlieb
06/06/2005, 04:06 PM
I'll get a picture up here shortly. I'm trying to get my web site back up and running.

Any advice you can offer on Naso's?

TrojanScott
06/06/2005, 05:02 PM
Is he eating okay? How big is your tank? Naso's get HUGE, and love to swim, so a bigger tank is desirable.

Mine happens to be finicky as all heck about food. He only eats "Tang Heaven" the seaweed from Indo Pacific Farms. I had to get a 20 gallon tank set up just to grow it myself for him. He loves it, but won't touch ANYTHING else. But, he's awesome looking, and is my "showcase" fish for my reef tank.

They'll feed from your hand, and mine will come to the surface and let me touch him him. They're the coolest fish with the most personality, IMO.

davidgottlieb
06/07/2005, 09:09 AM
He seems to be eating. He is being slow about it but he eats some. If I feed him caulerpa out of my fuge, he loves that. How often should I feed him? He is VERY healthly looking and looks nice and fat. What is a good food to get to feed. Right now I just feed seaweed sheets soaked in seawater and garlic.

CeeGee
06/07/2005, 09:25 AM
Mine ate anything and everything.

What a great fish it was. I miss it.

twkenny
06/07/2005, 11:56 AM
Mine does not jump, but he splashes a LOT of water at times. They are VERY powerful swimmers. He eats a lot of Nori and anything else I put in there.

twkenny
06/07/2005, 11:58 AM
Did you get him at Aquarium Designs?

cyberpanther
06/07/2005, 12:09 PM
I use to have a medium to small Naso in my 90 and no jumping issues at all.

davidgottlieb
06/07/2005, 01:04 PM
I did get him at AD. Saturday. He was in the tank they usually put sharks in.

brianlena2000
06/07/2005, 01:17 PM
Great fish that love to swim. Have worked with many of them. Do best in a minimum of a 6 foot tank and once they get bigger an 8ft tank or larger is best. Should never have jumping issues.