PDA

View Full Version : quick cure

jimsta
06/06/2005, 10:08 AM
I had a 75g fish only and i had treated it woith quick cure a few times when I started to see spots. But now that I am going back to doing a reef do i have to do a complete water change and everything. I am running 2 chemi-pures and 3 sacks of carbon. I really dont want to break down the tank. Will the carbon and protein skimmer take out the chemi pure. I have already put some shrooms and polyp in there to test it out and they seem to be doing awesome. Is there anything that i need to do before beginning with the reef.

jimsta
06/06/2005, 12:58 PM
anyone

Jeffie
06/07/2005, 11:25 AM
I don't think you should have issues. Quick cure is formalin and Melachite green. Copper is a different story and leaks into the silicone and so on. If you are worried do what you are doing and run carbon and chemi pure for a while and start off with hardier corals and see how they do. If the mushrooms and such are doing good you should have no issues.

Steven Pro
06/07/2005, 11:54 AM
I would also add a Polyfilter to your other means of chemical filtration.

jimsta
06/07/2005, 10:48 PM
Good call on the polyfilter. Have those at my store so I'll have to pick one of those up. Thanks Jeffie and StevenPro for the help. I didnt think it would be a problem but just wanted a second opinion.