PDA

View Full Version : Foxface fish

peehair
06/05/2005, 10:50 PM
are they good to keep in reef aquariums??

jimsta
06/05/2005, 11:03 PM
I had one in my reef. Kind of like a tang peaceful and eats algae. Mine was a little skittish at first but he warmed up pretty soon.

LukFox
06/05/2005, 11:22 PM
Great reef fish, ime. They are eye catching, active swimmers, and eat a large variety of algaes. Mine hasnt touched any kind of coral, but I've heard some may nip polyps. However, I havent heard of many that actually do. And if you look hard enough, you'll find that even tangs arent reefsafe in some [rare] cases. Taking that into account, the foxface is a great reef fish.

Aquaguru
06/06/2005, 10:47 AM
Mine has been great to me except for when he jump into the overflow box. Now he is skittish and I'm a little worried, but he has calmed down lately. Other than that he is my favorite fish in the tank. When I first got him my rocks were covered in macro algae and within a week he ate it all up. He eats everything I put in the tank for him and has been no problem with my corals.

BigDaddy
06/06/2005, 01:06 PM
Great fish, eats a variety of algaes. Doesn't bother other tank mates and doesn't bother coral (at least in my tank).

ImAFinAddict
06/06/2005, 01:36 PM
Nice fish. I just recently added a Magnificent Fox and a Vigrate (Scribbled) Fox to my 100 gallon. They sure do pick the LR clean of any macro.

MargaritaMan
06/06/2005, 01:37 PM
Just don't "pet" him!