PDA

View Full Version : Corals/Anemones for PC's

mvp4zo
06/05/2005, 04:04 PM
I ditched my expensive MH bulbs for PC's (96watt/10k) and I was curious to see what people have sucess keeping with this type of lighting. I would love to get a large Colt, misc. shrooms, Rics, sun coral and hopefully a Rose Bubble Tipped Anenome (RBTA). Also, what are other good options for this type of lighting?

JENnKerry
06/05/2005, 05:24 PM
Is it 4x96 or 6x 96 watt PCs? I have the 4x65 watts for my 55 gallon and 6x96 watts for my 125. Look in my gallery for all the corals I have.

crpeck
06/05/2005, 05:38 PM
I have 4 96w and have:

High in tank: Rose BTA, Montipora and a Seriatopora (bird's nest). The Bird's Nest is not as dramatically pink as some I've seen under halides, but is still a nice pink and has grown REALLY fast.

Middle: A branching Euphyllia (frogspawn) that has grown from 4 heads to more than 16. Some brown star polyps, Ricordia, zoanthids and a Sarcophyton.

Low: Mushrooms, more Ricordia, a Blastumussa Merletti, and more zoanthids.

There is a recent pic in my gallery and I posted pics at one year so you can see the growth between one and 2 years.

I've always lusted after halides, but sure can't complain with how my PCs have done. At this point, everything is doing so well that I wouldn't want to upset things by changing.

Good Luck!
Cathy