PDA

View Full Version : Warning About Super Glue Gel

InsaneClownFish
06/05/2005, 03:08 PM
Alright, I'm in a bit of mourning right now. I just lost my prized Brazilian Flame Angel to cyanoacrylate last night...:(

My little angel ingested a small portion of the glue which led to trouble breathing. It eventually calcified and killed her.

I had read the story of the Tang that had glue it's lips together by picking at a piece of cyanoacrylate in the water column, and at the time, it seemed like a cute and comical story.

It's ashame, I never thought I would lose my pet to a "super glue" mishap.:sad1:

Ereefic
06/05/2005, 03:40 PM
That's odd, i've never had any superglue gel leave the area where I put it. Sorry for your loss.

onefin
06/05/2005, 03:44 PM
Sorry for your loss, what i do to frag is, glue the frag to the rock wait about a minute, then dip it in the water to harden take it out and make sure there's no loose peices that could come off, just to make sure it's secured, it seems like a pain but it works for me, again sorry for your loss.

InsaneClownFish
06/05/2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys. I'm just really mad at myself right now..she was so healthy...

TheMoneyPit
06/05/2005, 05:12 PM
It's always a good idea to turn off the water flow to avoid this type of problem.

Smo
06/05/2005, 07:18 PM
I glue all my frags in plastic containers with tank water in 'em. They don't go back into the tank until the superglue gel is completely set.

Sorry for your loss. :(