PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Desjardinii Tang & Chevron in same tank?

SeanT
06/03/2005, 03:05 PM
I am debating on getting another fish for my system (300 gallons total water with a 180 display).
Currently I have a pretty low fishload so I am not worried about that.
I am always worried about playing well with others though.

I have a juvenile Chevron Tang currently, by the name of Spaz, and I am wanting to get a Desjardinii Red Sea Sailfin Tang.

I think they are beautiful fish.
And who knows it may help out with some bubble algae here and there.

Does anyone have any experience, or thoughts, about if if these two Tangs will exist peacefully?

Thanks,
Sean

docwells
06/03/2005, 03:45 PM
Sean,
I never owned a chevron tang, but I did own a desjardinii. They are beutiful fish. Now to the question. I had a purple and desjardinii in the same tank . They did fine. I think the trick was they were both put in at the same time and they were both bought as smalls. Never had a problem.

And to let you know the tank is operational. Working out a few bugs, but running.

wfgworks
06/03/2005, 03:50 PM
Sean

You will be fine with adding the Desjardinii Red Sea Sailfin Tang. I have one in my 180 with a Kole Tang. The Kole Tang and Chevron Tang are very peaceful fish. The Desjardini is more aggresive so adding him next is the best move unless you plan on adding any other Tangs. He will be the ruler of the tank in no time. Great choice by the way.

jjjimmy
06/03/2005, 04:15 PM
I agree. I have a RS sailfin, purple, and an Achillies in my 180 and the sailfin is the boss.

zeus007
06/03/2005, 04:19 PM
I have a Desjardinii Red Sea Sailfin Tang, Purple Tank and Blonde Naso and they all get along with the RS Sailfin ruling them. You should be fine.

SeanT
06/03/2005, 05:27 PM
Great to hear. :)
Just ordered one, will be here tomorrow a.m.

Wellington, awesome to hear that your tank is wet again.
I will have to come see it...if I ever get an invite. ;)

Sean

docwells
06/04/2005, 05:46 AM
Sean,
You're always welcome to come by. Just let me know.

You will enjoy the desjardinii.

SeanT
06/04/2005, 06:41 AM
It should be here any minute now Wellington.
Are you at work this early on a Sat.? :(

SeanT
06/04/2005, 11:08 AM
The fish, and other stuff :) , arrived at about 9;30 a.m.
Packed well as usual (got it from RM), did a 90 minute acclimation and plopped him into a dark tank.
Hopefully he takes to it.

wfgworks
06/04/2005, 12:11 PM
Sean

Post some pictures when you get a chance.

docwells
06/04/2005, 08:51 PM
Sean,
I was at work earlier. I worked 7A-7P today.
Hope the tang works out well for you.