PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Owners

pooreefer
01/31/2002, 10:42 AM
What do you guys feed your carpet anemone and how many times a day? I just got a blue carpet, need advice. Thanks

Can I feed it schrimps and squids that you get from the market?

jayd
01/31/2002, 10:45 AM
Mine gets a mixture of krill, silversides, and leftover formula 1 and 2 cubes that the fish don't eat. Ive heard that fleshy foods aren't wonderful for them. I also dose phytoplankton every now and then, but ive never heard any concrete evidence that this is good for anenomes.

pooreefer
01/31/2002, 10:46 AM
What exactly are silversides and where can I get them?

budhaboy
01/31/2002, 11:17 AM
silversides are a type of fish- similar to a sardine.check at your local LFS- I feed my lime green coctail shrimp, sea perch and whatever else I end up getting from the market to make my own food with.

odenwell
01/31/2002, 11:18 AM
Mine loves Tangs.:rolleyes:

pooreefer
01/31/2002, 01:14 PM
How many times a day should I feed it? Mine is about 6in. in diameter.

jimmy n
01/31/2002, 01:18 PM
I don't target feed mine in general. I just pour what I feed my fish in the area of the anemone and it gets scraps. It has grown nicely in the few months I've had it.

Mine is also blue, very nice anemones. I don't have hosts, yet.

Jim

Canadian Man
01/31/2002, 01:19 PM
Just my 2 cents but i would not be thinking about how many times a day but maybe how many times a week. you can feed it daily but unless you want it to grow friggin huge i would feed it once a week. just my 2 cents:)

Aquaman
01/31/2002, 01:22 PM
Mine loves Tangs

LOL, Yea I understand that, My only problem with tangs were I kept putting them my reef where my carpet was, Kept the carpet well fed :eek1: Finally put the carpets in a species tank. Now my tangs are happy Tang police alert :D

I feed my anemones each day, a couple silversides, and lance fish.