PDA

View Full Version : Maroon pairing attempt

pad
06/03/2005, 09:48 AM
I just bought a small yellow barred maroon to pair with my large one. I have been floating him in a clear container with holes for 3 days to get her acustomed to him. I was expecting her to beat the heck out of the container but she has never really paid that much attention to him. It is ok to release him into the tank now? Or should i wait longer?

TIA

pad
06/04/2005, 05:11 PM
well it worked if anyone is interested. She had no problems with him at all.

Kabuto
06/07/2005, 01:23 PM
Congrats. My juvenile is now missing for the last 24 hrs. :( Hopefully he is just hiding but I only have a 29G tank. I had him in a clear breeder for about two weeks. I put him right before lights-out (atcinic only) and she chased him till lights went out. He was fine after dark. Went to bed and haven't seen him since.

SVXH6
06/07/2005, 11:47 PM
Same thing happened to my GSM when i did that....... she killed it!!!! she will not accept any fish. Shes actuallty now starting to chase the other tankmates, YT, firefish and a paj. card. YT gives her a good fight though. I really wish i could pair mine she looks awsome. Good luck though.

Fay
06/08/2005, 04:01 AM
Congrates:) I have a pair and they are awesome

reefD
06/08/2005, 08:49 AM
yeah im sure they will be breeding in the future. even if you throw the smaller one in right away if it can survive the first night they ussually pair up . but what you did is what i recommend to prevent all / most aggression. my friend put his in a specimen box inside the tank for the first two days. worked like a charm too.

pad
06/08/2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah they have seemed to pair easy enough. She even intervenes when the Yellow tang gets to close to her man.
I think the little guy is very hard on the RBTA though. He has been chewing off tentacles like mad and last night it did not look so good.