PDA

View Full Version : tang

kevinrs
05/30/2005, 07:30 PM
alright, i have been waiting a while, and have finally decided to get a purple tang. I have a 75 gallon tank, 20 gallon sump, and 20 gallon refugium. now then, i have heard from some people to get a small tang (since they grow so fast), but from others to make sure its not too small (since they are harder to keep). so I am wondering, what size would be a good size? also, i know i have to check to see if they have ich, but is there anything else i should check for?
thanks,
kevin

twkenny
05/30/2005, 09:02 PM
I know you didn't ask this....but, I'll be the first. A 75 gallon is on the small side for a PT. I have one in a 125 and he uses every bit of space in that tank.
If you decide to get one, I'd say get a small one. They are not hard to keep....just be sure to feed it plenty of nori...mine eats 1/9th of a sheet every day.
As far as ich goes, obviously don't buy it if it has it, but, there is a good chance it will appear after you get him home. QT him for a few weeks and maybe you'll get lucky.
You can avoid all of this by choosing a different fish....best of luck with whatever you decide.