PDA

View Full Version : wrasse!!!

kevinrs
05/26/2005, 06:16 PM
ok, i came home and looked at my tank, and i couldnt find my fairy wrasse, then i looked around, and he was laying down between the powerhead and the glass, i thought maybe he was stuck there, so i moved the powerhead, and he darted away, but he looked whiter than normal. I can't find him. He is hiding in the rocks somewhere, and since i have had him, he hasnt hidden that much. Should i be worried? Could he be sick?
thanks,
kevin

hes my favorite fish!!!

1FatBlenny
05/26/2005, 06:38 PM
i noticed when my fish are sleeping they turn ghost white.

or, hes just a chicken. since my fat blenny has become huge and obese he picks on my diamond goby and he doesnt come out anymore.

do you have any other fish that may be bullying him around?
that may be the case. so you might want to remove the bully.

i hope all goes well for your wrasse.

kevinrs
05/26/2005, 06:41 PM
i have gobies, which are afraid of him, clowns (afraid), lmb (havent noticed picking on him), and chromis (afraid), so nothing is picking on him, i hope he comes back out. He was the last fish i bought, about 2 weeks ago. But why would he sleep in the middle of the light cycle?

Frankysreef
05/26/2005, 07:30 PM
be patient... they change color. Throw in some nice mysis shrimp to get him to come out. They are kind of a skittish fish. I had one jump out of my tank, and found him dried up on the floor when I moved my tank.. I was sad he cost me 35 bucks.

kevinrs
05/26/2005, 07:39 PM
well, i have mysis, non of my fish like them!!! but ill try some monopoli (baby live brine) i have a fresh batch being hatched today.

kevinrs
05/26/2005, 07:48 PM
ok, just fed, and he didnt come out, but i found him, he was hiding under my gsp, hes just laying there, is that normal?

karm40
05/27/2005, 12:52 AM
How long have you had it?

Anemone
05/27/2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by kevinrs
well, i have mysis, non of my fish like them!!! but ill try some monopoli (baby live brine) i have a fresh batch being hatched today.

Um, nauplii?

Kevin

bboygraphix
05/27/2005, 12:10 PM
sounds like he may be sick? i know that some wrasse species like to burrow or hide when theyre stressed. i had a leopard wrasse that i never saw for the first 4 days i had it. i assumed it was dead and eaten by my cleanup crew, then one day i was moving some base rock and bam! he darted out of the sand, fat and healthy (he wasnt white). after about 2 weeks, he started coming out more consistently... but he always burrows under the sand at night. how long have you had this fairy wrasse for before it started to appear white?

kevinrs
05/27/2005, 06:14 PM
about one month i have had it, ya nauplii, sorry about the spelling errror.