PDA

View Full Version : What's the local online for sale thing called?

Hawkdl2
05/26/2005, 06:10 PM
I must be getting old. I can't remember the name of the on line SoCal trader site that you can often find aquarium and reef stuff, but also all sorts of other things. I need to sell a tablesaw.

reven
05/26/2005, 06:11 PM
www.recycler.com

pookstreet
05/26/2005, 06:22 PM
Larry,

Did you get a new saw or getting out of the hobby? Hope you just decided to get a real saw. :D

BTW, I am finally putting together my acrylic fuge and sump. Got the basic box for the fuge glued and water tested. No leaks. Thank goodness. Just have to add the internal components next and then on to the sump. I know you told me that I can flame the edges to make it look nicer. How do I do that and what do I need? Thanks.

1FatBlenny
05/26/2005, 06:33 PM
one click away.
hope this works

http://www.recycler.com/asp/AdResults.asp?sKW=&bIP=0&bAnd=1&sAC=%27All%27&iAA=&optWtd=&optSrc=&curNP=&curXP=&bIP=0&iC=320&cmdBtn=Find+It%21&iSC=6410

masson
05/26/2005, 06:40 PM
www.craigslist.com

Hawkdl2
05/26/2005, 06:48 PM
Recycler, that's it!! See what happens when you turn... well never mind.

I bought a Unisaw, so my old trusty Craftsman has to go, though I'd like to keep it for acrylic, or dados, or some special use, but one can only keep sp many power tools in the garage.

you need a MAPP gas system. HD/Lowes sells them for about $50, but the small oxygen bottels cost ~$9 and last no more than a few miuntes. You're welcome to come up and use mine ifyou'd like. BYOO. ;)

Hawkdl2
05/26/2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by masson
www.craigslist.com

thanks for the link. I hadn't hear of this one.

pookstreet
05/26/2005, 06:54 PM
Congrats on the Unisaw. Before I had you beat on the table saw. Now you have a bigger tank and saw. Oh well, you can't win them all.

So do I get the oxygen bottles at HD/Lowes also? I thought all those little torches used propane. Learn something new everyday.

Hawkdl2
05/27/2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by pookstreet

So do I get the oxygen bottles at HD/Lowes also? I thought all those little torches used propane. Learn something new everyday.

They're all together in the tool section. They use MAPP and Oxygen combined. The MAPP gas lasts a while, but the O2 goes very fast.

It not the tools, it's what you make with them that counts.

pookstreet
05/27/2005, 01:10 AM
That's very true. I have done lots in the past with much less. And I am talking not power tools.

Hawkdl2
05/27/2005, 10:56 AM
My first real project was a craddle for my daughter 20+ years ago. I made the entire thing with a hand saw, a hand drill (a brace) and 2 bits on the back porch of my then in-laws. And a LOT of sandpaper ;) It's been floating around family members and ex's ever since and I honestly don't think I could make it a whole lot better today - maybe more sophisticated and complex, but not better.

Dlckwood
05/27/2005, 02:18 PM
http://thepennysaver.com/search.aspx?xect=zzzz&metro=SDG.CA&keywrds=tank+fish
David