PDA

View Full Version : Air Bubbles

Avian
05/24/2005, 08:46 PM
This may sound funny, but I do not mean to be...I just noticed air bubbles being released from the anus of my female ocellaris. Is this normal? Thanks

ficklefins
05/25/2005, 06:35 AM
Bryan,

I have no idea if that is normal or not, but at what level in the water column are they feeding? If they are taking food from the surface of the water perhaps they are injesting some of the air with it. What type of food are you feeding? Your food could have some air pockets in it, especially if it is clumped together and they are eating it whole. Again, I have no idea just throwing ideas out there.

Avian
05/25/2005, 09:23 AM
I feed mysis shrimp, cyclop-eeze, and formula 1+2 pellets. The pellets will float for a couple seconds and then sink. My clowns are so greedy they attack it and stick part of thier head our of the water (I saturation feed). I am going to try to get them to sink right away, b/c I don't think air is good for their GI tract.

jaybro
05/25/2005, 09:53 AM
I have had one gsm clown who showed the same symptom and several others in addition. You can find the thread by searching on 'gassy gsm' in this forum. :rollface:

I was never really able to discover the root problem but it went away in time.

Avian
05/25/2005, 02:49 PM
thanks for the insight, I was just wondering because I would think air in their bellies would upset them.