PDA

View Full Version : Looking for montipora Digitata colonies or frags - $$$ or swap frags

MadTownMax
05/24/2005, 02:34 PM
I found out the hard way that it's not a good idea to put freshly-fragged zooanthids back into one's tank (especially if they're really angry with you and covered w/ a lot of slime, my small tank volume probably didn't help ) - I fragged some blue palyothoa's and wiped out:

1) small colony of orange monti digi
2) frag of blue-polyped monti digi
3) an encrusting purple w/ blue polyps dig - growth on this was impressive, tripling in size in the 2 months I had it....
4) small hydnophora
5) and a green-polyped birdsnest that had just sprouted 4 new branches

- OK, lesson learned

luckily it didn't affect either of two acropora frags I got from Dr. Mac - one Green staghorn (purple/brown base) (bottlebrush type) and a baby-blue table-top w/ flourescent green polyps and red/pink accents; both are about 3"-3.5" long. Since these are growing so slowly under my lights (although they have encrused the putty I used ) I'd like to trade them off for some new frags. - I can take some pictures if anyone is interested.

I also have a colony of acanthastrea Lordhowensis (red/green-grey) of which I will be fragging a few heads off of to get it to a manageable size for my tank - if anyone is interested in a 1-head to 4-head frag, shoot me a PM. - pics are in my gallery, much more green in person than the grey in the pic, and it has gained more red after being in my tank for a few weeks.

I'm looking for brightly colored montipora - digitata and encrusting (no cap. please, - I just don't have much room for this growth form in my tank), Montipora Danae would be nice if anyone knows where to get some. If you know of any local (or not so local) stores with some nice colonies, please let me know of that too. I'm open to other types of corals - but mostly like montiporas as they're very compatible w/ the lights and flow I have in this tank.

-Nick

Birdlady
05/24/2005, 02:42 PM
PM'd ya!

Ortho Bill
05/24/2005, 02:46 PM
Check out Jerseys' tank breakdown in the NJ forum. Bill

organism
05/24/2005, 03:16 PM
I've got some nice purple with purple polyps encrusting montis, how's the lighting in your tank?

MadTownMax
05/24/2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by organism
I've got some nice purple with purple polyps encrusting montis, how's the lighting in your tank?

I've got 3X 36W PC's over the tank - it may be the same type of encrusting monti that I had (picked it up at exotic aquatics in baltimore) - does it have a lot of texture with very high ridges? (could I be more unspecific ? :D )

In any case, I'd be intersted - I'm looking to keep a monti-specific tank, so all shapes, colors and sizes will be welcome ;).

FWIW - I'm moving this weekend, and part of next week, so any swapping won't be happening until I have my tank back in shape (next Wednesday)

-Nick

organism
05/24/2005, 06:15 PM
nope, it's more of a flatter encrusting monti, but very nice purple though, my tanks are still getting used to the move I just did last weekend, so I don't mind waiting... :)

billpa
05/25/2005, 12:19 PM
Hey Nick

I can frag you a decent piece of purple tip monti digi for that stag frag. PM me if you are interested.

Bill