PDA

View Full Version : Maroon gold-stripe clown and anemone

wvdaisy
05/24/2005, 11:22 AM
Got these 2 yesterday. Gold-stripe Maroon clown and Bubble tip anemone. Very cool. Always said I wasn't going to get an anemone but the clown was already hosting so thought it best to follow Ron and Barry's advice. Pic isn't that great but didn't want to shrink down a better pic to load it on here.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/521/61765Sany0038.jpg

Shikaroka
05/24/2005, 02:33 PM
Nice, and pretty.

essop3
05/24/2005, 06:07 PM
I saw them at the store. Very nice, the clown is very dark.

firefish2020
05/24/2005, 06:16 PM
You will love watching them, mine stayed with his anemone, a (long tentacle) for a year before being moved to a smaller tank with a RBTA which he took to within minutes and has not left since. Be sure to give the anemone a bit of raw shrimp from time to time, shave it thin and try to place it in the tentacles. The fish will prob try to take it at first but keep trying and feed the anemone about 1 to 2 times a week, and keep it away from power heads.

Good luck,
Ron

wvdaisy
05/24/2005, 10:36 PM
I have really enjoyed watching them today and Brian watched them all evening. Rosie the clown fish :D has been fanning the sand with her? tail all day making a dip in front of the anemone. Don't know what that's about. The anemone has settled in a good spot, hope it stays there.

I fed it a little plankton today but not sure if it ate it or the fish took it. Will have to watch closer next time.

essop: yes, the fish is very dark maroon with the bright gold and thin white stripes. Very striking in color which you can't tell in the terrible pic above. The color was really the deciding factor for me.

LowCel
05/25/2005, 07:35 AM
Get used to the fanning, it will never stop. :rolleyes:

Before long you will be able to drop food in the tank and the clown will actually grab it and then take it to the anemone. That is when it really gets to be fun to watch.