PDA

View Full Version : Whole house chiller heater.......

Phyxius
05/23/2005, 07:44 PM
Well the title is kind of reef related.
I know with all the members here there has to be someone familiar with home heating and ac systems.
After 15 yrs our appolo hydro heat system has seen its better days and we are looking to replace the whole system.

The 2 systems we are looking at are both 12 and 13 seer models with dual stage fans in the air handler and a larger condensor for outside. They are both rated at 88-92% efficiency in both makes. Anyone know the pros and cons of the following makes we have narrowed it down too? They price out at about the same in the long run. Sorry no specific models of the units right now but they are the lines listed below. I do not want to back to Hydro heat again as its not the warm gas heat I grew up with

Carrier-Performance series
Trane-XL13 series

These are both gas fired heat as we dont want a heat pump. I need to keep my house chilled and heated to a nice level :). In return it will also help keep my tank stable in the end also

Menards
05/23/2005, 11:43 PM
try http://www.acdirect.com

Dolfan0925
05/24/2005, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Phyxius
Well the title is kind of reef related.

Whew that was close! I thought you posted reef related questions in the lounge. That kind of stuff can get you banned from everything you hold dear. Never underestimate the power of the BrianD.