PDA

View Full Version : any one see this National ID

sixpackrt
05/22/2005, 10:21 PM
National ID Legislation Passes

link (http://www.unrealid.com/)

TomH
05/23/2005, 09:32 AM
That website doesn't give the whole story. The bill (actually, House Resolution -- technically not the same as a bill) basically requires state-issued IDs to meet minumum security standards before they can be used in federal programs (i.e., Federal employment, immigration, security clearance, passports). Interestingly, PA's IDs appear to already meet the standard. The resolution does not, however, require "registration" by anyone. If, however, you choose to procure a drivers' license, the license itself will meet certain standards.

Its doesn't really resemble the threat that its made out to be on the site -- It just shifts standards-making for Drivers' Licenses from one set of Bureaucrats (the state) to another (the feds). Still sort of disturbing from a "states-rights" perspective, though.

johndonaldson3
05/23/2005, 09:36 AM
outstanding and correct explaination.

Mal3
05/24/2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by johndonaldson3
outstanding and correct explaination.

johndonaldson3,

I wondered how did you know about this post here? You do not visit our club thread. At least I have not seen you post here.

I certainly do not care. You are welcome here. I am just curious how someone finds an obscure item like this in the information here on RC? I find it amazing! :eek2: :confused:

johndonaldson3
05/25/2005, 09:32 AM
any new post in any forum is listed under the "new" threads catagory. There is a button at the top of this page that takes you to all current new threads for all forums.

Tagamet
05/25/2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by johndonaldson3
any new post in any forum is listed under the "new" threads catagory. There is a button at the top of this page that takes you to all current new threads for all forums.

Hitting the "daily" button shows our "obscure" posts as well, Mal (assuming that someone has posted something that day).

We ain't OBSCURE. We be NCPARS!
Tagamet