PDA

View Full Version : Network problem on my laptop.

AtlanticReef
05/19/2005, 02:22 PM
I really need help on my laptop Dell computer! I just let my friend borrowed it and he messed up all my wireless network, so I need the help to reconfiguration the network inside the computer. Please pm me for more information.

tamphuong
05/19/2005, 02:37 PM
Reinstall OP will does the job. other than that I have to face with your Dell.

Wickednix
05/19/2005, 03:12 PM
Why reinstall the OS/OP if his wireless profile just got deleted. Reconfigure the wireless card back to his home profile/work profile.

bennyinca
05/19/2005, 03:18 PM
If you had a wireless profile saved you can import it back.

If not, I agree, just reconfig it. Is it for your home or office?

Are you using the standard windows or other software for wireless network management?

AtlanticReef
05/19/2005, 03:51 PM
It's for my home...I used the standard window not Window NT ...the Wireless network name in the properties was removed....in the section of automatic connect to available networks in the order list...

NicoleC
05/19/2005, 04:19 PM
Delete the existing wireless settings.
Log on to your router using a physical cable.
Make sure you are broadcasting your wireless network name (and make a note of what it is). Also, you should still have the MAC address of your laptop in the router -- don't delete it, but do check to be sure it's there.
Start the wireless wizard and select your wireless network.
Once it connects successfully, go back in the router and deselect broadcasting of the network name.

While you are in the router, be sure that you only allow your specific equipment (by MAC address) to connect to your network.

Wickednix
05/19/2005, 04:32 PM
Refresh the availible networks and double click your network. Input your wep key and apply.

AtlanticReef
05/19/2005, 04:54 PM
Thank you for all your information...I just got another helper, he will come by my house tonight for helping me to reconfigure my wireless network keys...
Once again, thank you for all your helpful information...We will try tonight...

Zaphod
05/19/2005, 10:20 PM
windows system restore

F35-Joint Strike Fighter
05/19/2005, 11:21 PM
Tony, give me your Rainbow Acan, I'll fix for ya. Thanks for the frags today. Man, we should get drunk someday.

AtlanticReef
05/20/2005, 12:25 AM
Hey Nghia,

I always drinks at Pho Dem on the weekend. In the morning, at cafe De Thuong or Di Vang....Ha hahah

F35-Joint Strike Fighter
05/20/2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by AtlanticReef
Hey Nghia,

I always drinks at Pho Dem on the weekend. In the morning, at cafe De Thuong or Di Vang....Ha hahah

Di Vang looks more sexy for me. No more De Thuong, can't smoke.

LMK when you can come over to kidnap my Acan

HenryTran
05/20/2005, 01:00 AM
They are both good coffee shop:D i think cafe Lu is better though.

AtlanticReef
05/20/2005, 01:07 AM
One girl out of 4 owner is my friend...since I was night club promotor, they always came by after 11:00 pm.