PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever wondered...

zoltetov
05/19/2005, 10:10 AM
Have you wondered what the heck is going on in your tank once the lights go off? I feel like I'm taking care of teenagers and I just went away for the weekend! (I don't even have kids!) I say goodnight to my littl'ins, turn off the room light (the tank lights have been off for a little bit.) I then go to sleep. I wake up this morning, coral pieces are here when they were over there before, a couple pieces are missing, i went to sleep thinking i had a rock wall, woke up and i had the swiss alps! (well, maybe not the last one.) All the while, my maroon clown is looking at me with these eyes that say, "hey, don't look at me!". (I know she did it though.) I swear, one day I'll wake up at 3am and find disco lights shining across the room.

thrlride
05/19/2005, 10:16 AM
You ought to check out the tank at night. Crazy stuff in there.

zoltetov
05/19/2005, 10:26 AM
I used to until I got my peppermints. They never ate aptasia, but man, the Al Green music was blaring all night. Apparently my reef doubled as a shrimp brothel.

percula99
05/19/2005, 10:30 AM
I had a pair of mated tomato clowns, and the female ran the tank. She would actually attack corals, drag them off their perch because they were too close to her nest. I watched as she rammed a ten inch leather umbrella and bounced it across the tank. She would not tolerate anything within a good twelve inches of her nest. She became so destructive I had to get rid of the pair. Not something I like doing because when I bring something home I consider it now has a home for life. Funny how the ocellaris clowns I replaced the tomatoes with now host in the same umbrella she was attacking.

Right now I have an urchin that comes out at night and knocks some things over. I used to have turbo snails that would do the same thing. As they grow they get very clumsy. They don't live forever though, and as they died off, I didn't bother to replace them with more turbos.