PDA

View Full Version : keeping fingers crossed for luck

saltycurofaseadog
05/16/2005, 05:36 PM
well, I will get to see the doctor tommorrow at 2 pm. Called this morning after having another spasmodic episode of gagging,heaving weezing and shortness of breath. My original appointment was for the end of this month, but after getting the office personell on the phone and asking for a rescheduling... they agreed after I had another episode on the phone...(I thought they were gonna call 911 on me:mixed: ) So.... now they have a chance to check on the item of greater concern to me at the moment. A mole that has started to change quickly into a large irregular splotch on my shoulder. The itching has progressed as well. So now I get to find out what the heck is going on with my left lung and my left shoulder mole all for the price of one visit. Ain't life grande:confused: hoping things turn out well...can't afford a big bill now,just got the last one nearly paid off.

Ritten
05/16/2005, 06:51 PM
Giving you a kiss on each cheek. God luck, let us know if you neeed anything.

Sugar Magnolia
05/16/2005, 06:55 PM
Best of luck to you. Hopefully the mole is just a basal cell. :D Let us know how things go.

dc
05/16/2005, 07:02 PM
http://images6.fotki.com/v102/photos/2/28482/376550/fingersx-vi.gif

Good luck!

sunamoon
05/16/2005, 07:34 PM
big hugs!!! many blessings on you and the visit!

saltycurofaseadog
05/16/2005, 08:37 PM
thanks and will keep ya posted....

skippy2
05/16/2005, 08:40 PM
I will say a prayer for you.

saltycurofaseadog
05/17/2005, 04:41 PM
well.... back from the doctor's office. I like her...:D ,say's the mole in question is normal and benign,but to keep an eye on it. My lungs are scarred badly from asbestos/silicosis/and chemical burns,so it's no surprise I am having trouble with them. Thankfully it is only an upper congestion that a steroid shot and some antibiotic will remove.But! She was overly concerned about a problem I am having that I've lived with for over 7 years. That's the difficulty in swallowing and the need to consume a large amount of fluids with my food to help it go down past the"dead spot" I got from my first surgery. Said that was not a good thing and chided me for not mentioning it before to her. So now I have an appointment with an upper gastro entimoligist? on thursday afternoon. Kool!:cool: I trade one problem for another. It keeps boredom from setting in I guess:smokin: ;) So at least I have a very sharp mind that I can be assured of having a very sharp mind at least I have:lol:

Ritten
05/17/2005, 04:58 PM
Salty, was that acid refulx?

saltycurofaseadog
05/17/2005, 05:08 PM
nooo...... I prefer the oldies myself....:bum: :D

saltycurofaseadog
05/17/2005, 05:08 PM
and no if you were serious.....:p

Ritten
05/17/2005, 05:13 PM
I was serious you silly goose, I just spelled it wrong. You didn't say what the problem with swallowing was?

saltycurofaseadog
05/17/2005, 08:18 PM
I've got a dead spot in the hoolow of my throat that doesn't work to push food down. Lots of times I'll swallow some food only to have it stop at that point and go no further. Thats when I have to reach for a drink of fluids to force it down. Kinda like choking on your food but still able to breath...unpleasant. I've just learned to live with it all these years,but the doctor was concerned it may be something else thats not good(wouldn't give me any ideas as she didn'twant to speculate on something that might not be I guess.) Anywhooo....just something new I have to pay out of pocket for...
:mad: :(

sunamoon
05/18/2005, 10:13 AM
glad the dr's appt went well. hopefully they will take care of the other problem to. i think it makes a lot of difference when you like your dr.!

Flanders
05/18/2005, 10:49 AM
Best of luck salty. Hopefully that dead spot is just scar tissue or nerve damage from whatever surgery you had.

saltycurofaseadog
05/19/2005, 03:09 PM
well... got back from the doctors office.... rather mixed emotions about the whole thing. I'm scheduled to have a x-ray movie done while swallowing..... then an upper gastro scopic examination.....follow that with a lower gastro examination only because of a suspicious mass located in my left abdoman....Pass the nachos....And I laughed at my wife this morning when she advised me to put on my best undershorts.... I didn't see why as it was all for the upper area... Yea,you geussed it... I got digitized:mixed: The doctor asked me why I was chuckling when he put on the rubber gloves, so I told him what my wife told me... smart woman he said. I had to agree:cool:

saltycurofaseadog
05/19/2005, 09:05 PM
hmmm signing off on this

dc
05/19/2005, 09:18 PM
:lol: