PDA

View Full Version : frog spawn or hammer

Seraphim
05/13/2005, 08:24 PM
do you guys think they would do well in a 10 gallon nano.

i am planning on having zoos maybe a gsp shrooms and something else i may find later.

thanks
jake

Caryliss
05/14/2005, 07:05 AM
Both are pretty hardy, so as long as your lighting is adequate they should do fine. Mine tend to grown pretty quickly though, so space may become an issue. Frag it as needed and you'll have something to trade at swaps!

doody
05/14/2005, 12:32 PM
For fraging do you just cut off at a branch?

BTW I'm not trying to hijack the thread. I'm sure others trying to keep these in nanos would like to know.

sagi
05/14/2005, 02:26 PM
There is a section in the forums devoted to nano reefs that may help.

Caryliss
05/14/2005, 02:35 PM
Yes, fragging is very simple--just cut off a branch.

If I may give Seraphim some more advice--bypass the green star polyps. If they do well they will overtake your tank. They can spread rapidly and sting other corals. I wish I had never bought them . . .

I have two nanos. Mushrooms do well, including ricordia. I like ricordia in a nano because while a single polyp may not stand out in a large tank it can be a focal point in a nano. And anything expensive needs to stand out! Zoanthids also do well, as do small frags of various softies. I have sinularia, colts, and kenya tree in one tank that can get large but are easily fragged to keep under control. Also have caulastrea (candycane).