PDA

View Full Version : torch question

RoscoPColtrane
05/12/2005, 02:06 PM
I just bought a green torch, the colors are amazing. It has about three heads and is very full. My question is the polyps are relatively short, maybe half and inch, will the polyps grow longer? Is there such a thing as a non-branching torch? The polyps are fully extended, not retracted. I'll try to get a pic up in a few hours...

Blastomussaman
05/12/2005, 02:13 PM
Torch is a common name. Have to see the pic to properly identify. Most likely you are talking about an Euphyllia Glabrescens. There are many species of Euphyllias (branching and wall type), check out the Frogspawn thread for the many variants.

Oh, yes, the polyps will extend when conditions are good and some will grow extremely long sweepers.

deanos
05/12/2005, 02:34 PM
I'm trying to recall seeing a non-branching torch morph, and I don't believe I have here in NYC. I'd definitely be interested in seeing one though.

Dean

RoscoPColtrane
05/12/2005, 04:21 PM
Well I took a pic but I'm alittle technologically slow. How can I resize my pic from 215kb down to the limit of 50kb. I saved it currently as a jpg.

deanos
05/12/2005, 04:45 PM
Here's a thread with links to resizing software

Resizing (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151077)

Good luck!

Dean