PDA

View Full Version : Calling for assistance, coral babysitters?

loosbrew
05/12/2005, 11:13 AM
Ok, so I am trying to think of a way to send my stuff down south as seamlessly as possible with little to no loss of life. I dont have that much but what I do have I cherish as if they were my children.

If anyone can recieve a shipment and possibley hold on to a few key animals before I arrive, just long enough for me to setup my tank and get it going, that would super appreciated!

I have a sarco, a couple types of acro, some pocillo, hyndophora and CD sized favites, with a good number of blue shrooms as well, whoever I probably wont ship those down :)

I can probably bring the rock down myself, there isnt that much anyways maybe 25-30#. The one thing I still need to consider is my LTA and tomatoe clown. Need to figure something out. Eveyrthing I have can fit ina 29 or 30 long without a problem, except he LTA which can span 19 inches now. hmm...The things to worry about when you relocate!

TIA
Luis

jay24k
05/12/2005, 02:31 PM
I live an hour north of orlando if you wish to send it to me. If you do, I'll give you my work address because we get shipments in at 11:30 pm. (Work for the city). I have a 180 gallon tank that has a bit of room. My light spectrum is 3 250 watt 10k xm and 320 watts of VHO. I have some SPS in there now and no leathers or soft corals that will affect them. I don't have a problem doing it just let me know.

If you have fish, that might be a litle bit of an issue getting them out.

loosbrew
05/12/2005, 02:41 PM
hmmm...ok let me think about it longer, i'm looking into what it will take to drive them down rather than ship. i believe I need a license to ship? Your lightin should do for a bit, as right now they are under a 400w MH. I do have one sarco if you dont mind that in there. In thinking about it its not all that much to ship.

Thanks for the offer, I will keep you in mind and get in touch in a week or so...

Luis

jay24k
05/12/2005, 02:53 PM
If it isn't that long of a drive, it might be worth it to drive the fish down or bag everything. Although that won't give you too much time to se it up. I don't know what a Sarco is off the top of my head.

loosbrew
05/12/2005, 03:33 PM
toadstool...I think is the common name for them. It will be at least a 24-36 hour drive, in the back of a 15' penske truck with a nissan on a trailor behind it :)

Luis

jay24k
05/12/2005, 09:16 PM
lol that is a long drive.