PDA

View Full Version : a little worm help needed

mntl
05/06/2005, 11:25 AM
I have a 10gal nano/BB under one of my rocks every morning i find a pile of rope-like poop (detritis rope). I finally saw what was making it and it appears to be a Peanut Worm (white with brownish stripes) that extends 2-3" from the rock bottom at night and scrapes at the glass.

----I know he is reef-safe but i am gettin tires of his little pile of poop every morning that ends up just blowing around the tank until i syphen. My rocks are all off the glass about 1" but it sucks back into the rock whenever i go after it (he is under a base rock). is there and easy way to trap him? or if i grab him and he breaks will he die or just grow back? I heard that he wont survive in such a small area especially without sand to collect detritis for him, but he seems to just be a super worm and wont die. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Happy Reefing!

Sloth
05/06/2005, 03:22 PM
Is that him in your avatar?

1st - I say live with the poop. He's doing you a service by cleaning up detritus and depositing the remains in one spot for you to clean up.

2nd - You won't pull it out of the rock. They are much fatter inside the rock, and probably won't pull out.

3rd - If you took out every critter that makes a turd, your tank would be covered in detritus.