PDA

View Full Version : Next step w/ Clownfish?

Avian
05/04/2005, 12:33 PM
My black ocellaris pair still has stingy feces. I have changed their diet, feeding formula 1&2 pellets with mysis and cyclo-peeze now, I have tried garlic. I just finished with pepso food two days ago and that didn't seem to work. Does anyone have a suggestion, or step by step process that worked for them.
They eat and act normal other then the feces.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

BoricuaMojao
05/04/2005, 02:29 PM
Do a search about treatment with epsom salt. I have never used it on saltwater myself, but I have read briefly of it being used.

Again, I do not know enough to tell you how to treat them, but it is maybe worth researching as a possibility.

BoricuaMojao

bkiba
05/04/2005, 02:31 PM
avian, how are you smelling your fish's feces? Are you collecting it or something??? I am very curious here.

waterfaller1
05/04/2005, 03:08 PM
I think he meant s-t-r-i-n-g-y not s-t-i-n-k-y:D

kenny77
05/04/2005, 03:51 PM
jummm i never look at there feces. i let them do there things in private.

maybe they have hemorrhoids and they are having problem going caki. jajajjajja

every good conversation end $hit conversation

Avian
05/04/2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I ment stringy...I'll look into the epsom salt thing, but I haven't heard it used for intestinal upset.

BoricuaMojao
05/05/2005, 07:16 AM
It is used for constipation, which is what I understand your fish are having.
Another thing, try to feed them as much greens as you can manage, that I have read helps.

Check Bob Fenner's website wetwebmedia.com for more ideas. They are really good about replying to email with questions from readers. And they group past questions by theme, and they are searchable by google on the same site. If you do not know him, he is the author of "the concientious marine aquarist", and more recently he co-authored a series of books with Anthony Calfo "reef invertebrates"

Avian
05/05/2005, 10:12 AM
white stringy feces can be a sign of constipation?

BoricuaMojao
05/05/2005, 10:39 AM
Among other things.

Does the fish have a "bloated" abdomen?

Has it changed in it's eating habits?

orb
05/05/2005, 10:55 AM
a tip for the wetwebmedia site. when u are using their google search, view the cached results. this way the words u are searching for are hilighted for u, making it easier to scan the page, finding only your keywords. otherwise u end up reading every email, trying to find the one u searched for. HTH

Versus
05/05/2005, 11:08 PM
i like to grab my fishies pewp when its stringy and pretend its a kite ekkeekekekekwhwhwhwhwhjejesjsj