PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions please HELP

Reeftreasures
04/29/2005, 09:20 PM
i was filling my new 125 up with ro/di water that was coming from my well after a week of filling due to only haveing 20 psi from the well ithe tank was 3/4 the way full when i went to work at 7:00 this morning i got home aroung 3:00 and the water was orange the membrane fell apart and i got iron from the water in my tank should i drain it and start over due to this or just filter it and it will be ok

heres the bad thing i just added my salt this morning so it would be like wasting $40.00 in salt to drain it will it hurt if i filter it with carbon and phosban for 2-3 weeks before adding livestock

thanks
Kevin

sharks
04/29/2005, 09:38 PM
It’s probably OK to use but me I would drain and start again. Iron is a major macro/algae nutrient and may contribute to you having more then the usual nuisance algae problems in the first 6 months.
Any chance you can get a booster pump?
Why is it taking so long? Even at 20Psi you should be able to let it rip overnight for a few days and still not flood before you get up the next day.
Also my TDS is in the shop so if you want bring me a sample of the water coming out of the unit now (about a cup) and I can tell better how bad it may be. It must be the unsalted water though.
We don’t sell water but I can ask if I can give you some. Let me know if you are interested.
S

ToUcHoFeLeGaNcE
04/29/2005, 09:41 PM
if it was me 40$ is a small price to pay for long term . I would Drain it and start over. Just me though. I wouldnt take the chance for some 40-50$ of salt that could cost you alot more in the long run.

Reeftreasures
04/30/2005, 07:37 AM
well i just got up and the water is clear but i'm still thinking of just draining it and refilling it have to see if i can get new filters today for the ro/di and then i make my choice Mark thanks for the offers and i'll probably stop bye today to talk to you