PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the name of the cool LR at Sea in the City?

stash98
04/29/2005, 08:09 PM
I got some rock from Sea in the city that is awesome, and I can't remember the name of it. It begins wth a V though and is different then anything else I have seen at any other LFS around here. I think they are pretty much sold out of it already, but it awesome, and i can't remember the name.

kenny77
04/29/2005, 10:03 PM
Vanuatu(i dont know if i spell it right)

MORAY
04/30/2005, 12:06 AM
I have some Vanuatu rock that I got a long time ago and I agree it is very nice. I also have some from Marshall Islands and Tonga that is really light and very nice too. There is a lot of nice rock out of the west Pacific.

Navymedic
05/01/2005, 01:00 PM
He sells some Hatian rock too, I like it although most of what I got looked like base rock, its starting to get more life now thats in my tank now though...

cschweitzer
05/01/2005, 01:21 PM
Hatian should not be over $3/lb. Not saying hatian is bad, just not the quality of many other places, ie marshall island, tonga, fiji, etc. Hatian is pretty much a step above base.

Mr Neutron
05/01/2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by cschweitzer
Hatian should not be over $3/lb. Not saying hatian is bad, just not the quality of many other places, ie marshall island, tonga, fiji, etc. Hatian is pretty much a step above base.

I have to disagree. The Haitian I've handled is, IMHO, alot nicer than alot of Pacific rock. It is definitely not base rock. If you like alot of open holes, crevices and interesting shapes then give Haitian rock a look. If I were to start another display reef I'd definitely include Haitian pieces.

stash98
05/01/2005, 06:35 PM
thx for the info. the rock is indeed vanuatu and it is so cool. It has tons of life on it, and it looks so much beter then the Fiji I had. I have one piece of Fiji left w/ shrooms on it, and it looks so bland in comparison. I also put a tonga branch in there too.

i'd say it is the best rock in town that i have seen.

Navymedic
05/01/2005, 08:26 PM
The Haitian rock really is cool, it has alot of crevices makes for neat places for your livestock to hangout, it seems the pieces I bought had alot of die out so it was almost bare rock, but now I'm getting color, tube worms, and sponge growth ;)

stash98
05/02/2005, 02:07 PM
sounds interesting..id like to see how that looks..the SITC rock is totally cured, so no die off. All kinds of cool life on it. I am still recovering from a red slime attack, and it is why I pulled out almost all of my old crappy atlantic rock.

kenny77
05/02/2005, 05:27 PM
yeah the vanuatu rock is cool. a lot of live in it. i halso have some haiti and is one of the best. the rest was all base rock. but i seed it with vanuatu and in no time i had live everywere