PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Lfs

cristhiam
04/29/2005, 12:46 PM
Hey guys, what is the name of that LFS wholesale place that opens on weekends to the public? are the prices at wholesale?
Thank you

justinzimm
04/29/2005, 02:16 PM
tampa bay saltwater?

http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/

Justin

cristhiam
04/29/2005, 02:25 PM
is that the one that you can shop only on saturdays at wholesale prices?

Velcroflyer
04/29/2005, 03:23 PM
Try Marine Warehouse, they are on Hillsbourgh Ave. I know they are open on Sat but I'm not sure about wholesale prices.

skuntking
04/29/2005, 05:26 PM
i think its saltwaterfish.com place.

imgrtful2
04/30/2005, 10:23 AM
its tampa bay saltwater.but call first to make sure that they are open.they may be out diving.

stellablu
04/30/2005, 11:36 AM
FWIW, saltwaterfish.com was very clear about being close to the public and quite rude from our encounter actually.

We live about ten miles away and wanted to purchase fish, corals, and inverts, but he insisted we order online and pay the extra $25 or whatever to ship them.

To ship them from ten miles away when we were at his doorstep. I don't care how unorganized or messy the place is, he handled it so unprofessionally. I don't think, even once they finally open their retail store, that I will buy from them. There are too many friendly LFS's around to give to rude ones.

*calms self down*

*phew*

skuntking
04/30/2005, 11:51 AM
they had some advertisement not sure if its still there, raving about how they were opening a warehouse to the public.

skuntking
04/30/2005, 11:52 AM
here it is.

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/coming_soon.php

stellablu
04/30/2005, 12:39 PM
They have had that up for a while, and so we found the address and went by thinking maybe they didn't update the site because it had been advertising the opening for soooo long. It was a warehouse with the main door being a loading dock for semis.

I guess I'm just all touchy about it because a simple explanation and mention of a store in the works would have been nice...instead we got someone meeting us halfway to the door, almost stopping us in our tracks, with a rather rude greeting and dismissal.

I hope he wasn't the owner. He didn't answer me when I asked to see the owner. I wasn't mean, I just wanted to ask them when the new store would be expected to open since the site is vague on details.

Oh, well. :(

Tampa Bay is the one open on Saturdays, but you have to make sure they're not diving for LR. I've been meaning to make the trip over there for months...every time I think about their live rock and hitchhikers I get butterflies in my stomach! haha

skuntking
04/30/2005, 03:56 PM
ya that has been up for awhile, should have been open by now if they were actually doing it.

mobikobeyob
05/01/2005, 02:07 PM
Could it be Pet Mart? I saw an ad in the paper a while back for them.

Mobi:D

cristhiam
05/01/2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys I think is tampa bay they say they open saturdays only from 12 to 5, I think I need to call before going there.