PDA

View Full Version : Stripped Damsel Turning Black

Garrace
04/28/2005, 10:24 PM
I have had two Damsels in quarentine for 4 weeks a Dominoe and a 3 stripe. The Dominoe is fine , but the Stripped one started turning black from the nose to the first stripe about two weeks ago, it also swims odd mostly nose up and doesnt move its tail much. Seems to eat fine and no rapid breathing or anything.I was going to move them into my 92 display reef, but I am worried there is a problem with it that I need to treat. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

leebca
04/29/2005, 09:27 PM
I've seen them do this color variation, too. Sometimes this is a result of stress. This could be water quality, nutrition/diet, or by the presence of another fish. Are these fish together in the same qt? Both these damsels are of 'negative' attitude. The odd swimming behavior is another consideration.

You might share additional information about the 3-Stripe in your qt (plus question above).

Foods you use and feeding schedules.
What is the size of these fish? Measured/estimated from where to where?
Any chance of stray electrical current in your tank?
Do you use any vitamins? any additives? Please list all.
Chemistries (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate, Silica, Ca, Alk., and any others you have)
Water parameters (pH and your pH range, salinity or sp. gr. & range, temperature range)
Water changes (how much and how often).
List what you added or taken out of your qt (living, decorations, and equipment) during the past 4 weeks.

:rollface: