PDA

View Full Version : sleeper goby

paine43
04/28/2005, 06:20 AM
i'm thinking about getting a sleeper goby, i wanted to know if people have had any trouble with them? right now i have a 65g with mated os. clown bi colored bleeny and a clown goby.

cmcgehee01
04/28/2005, 06:48 AM
He will spit sand all over everything in your tank from my experience.

wfuavenger
05/21/2005, 11:26 AM
not to steal your thread but, has anyone else had this problem....i got mine 2 days ago along with some shrooms. I moved around some rocks to make it look better, and the goby dissapeared! I am pretty sure I didnt crush him under a rock (I know this because I double checked later). I did have to remove the rock he was in out of the tank to remove a piece with a hammer. Would he have hitched a ride and died in the air or something? It was only out of the water for about 1 minute. I checked everywhere i brought the rock and didnt find him......grrr....he and the stupid mantis I cant catch are going to be the death of me

cmcgehee01
05/21/2005, 02:43 PM
Mine was always digging under a rock & hiding. He is probably under a rock & will come out when He gets adjusted. Good luck.

gallery
05/21/2005, 05:20 PM
i have one in my 120 and i love to watch him. always sifting the sand. dose not seem to make too big a mess i also have a bi colored and they get along fine.

wfuavenger
05/22/2005, 08:38 PM
Found him when i went on a scavenger hunt through my tank....he burrowed WAY under a rock...now he is in the QT with the rest of my ICHy fish

SCR
05/22/2005, 11:12 PM
Can you post a picture of him, I think I might have one. If no picture can you discribe what colors or marking. Thanks

wfuavenger
05/24/2005, 11:07 AM
pale white body with yellow head and neon blue stripe under the eyes.

karlitosway
05/24/2005, 11:30 AM
I had one for a year. At first he was my favorite always active and siffting the sand. But little by little he became evil and started trying to cover everthing with sand really made a mess. I finally gave him away. I would say it's not a good choice. Mine became a mennace once he settled in and became territorial and tried to check everyone in the tank. I have read about others with the same experiance.

SCR
05/24/2005, 08:54 PM
That sounds like what I have, I'll keep an eye on him. Thanks

davew
05/24/2005, 08:57 PM
Mine wasn't too territorial, but he loved to cover everything in the tank in about 1/2 an inch of sand. Anything that wasn't more than a foot above the sand got covered. Had to finally get rid of him so my corals could have some peace.