PDA

View Full Version : can someone tell what might be wrong with my fish ?

jeffbowhunter
04/27/2005, 01:38 AM
I have a little blue damsel , I believe he's called an allen's damsel .
Well recently his eyes are buldged out of his head . All the other fish appear to be doing fine but,his eyes are bugged out big time .
Any ideas on what this could be ?

Gary Majchrzak
04/27/2005, 01:49 AM
Sounds like 'popeye'. It can easily correct itself if water conditions are right and you feed the fish good foods. What other fishes do you have? How long have you had the Damsel?

zoocrazy
04/27/2005, 01:54 AM
gary's right....popeye.try to fix it a.s.a.p. , i've seen fish loose thier eye if not treated!!

steph:D

jeffbowhunter
04/27/2005, 01:07 PM
my other fish besides the damsel are , another damsel the same kind , fox face ,dottyback,blue hippo ,naso tang,two golden head
gobbies, two false pacula clowns,and a yellow tang .In a 150 with 300lbs. of live rock .and I could'nt even tell you how many crabs and snails . all the others are doing fine .Ive had the damsel for about 4 or 5 months and he's been doing great until the popeye just recently I noticed it abou two days ago ...

tell me what to do please ... I hate to see anything suffer .I'm verry attached to these fish .

can you please tell me if it will spread? ...what caused it ?most imortantly how to cure it ?

Philwd
04/27/2005, 04:12 PM
If its one eye its probably a minor scratch. It can be treated with Epsom salts. I can't find the dosage right now(my wife cleaned up my desk) but if you do a search on wetwebmedia I think you'll find it easily.

If its both eyes then it can be a sign of bacterial infection. That's much more serious. I can't seem to find the right antibiotic at the moment. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Either way you should treat in a separate tank from the main display.

Phil

leebca
04/27/2005, 04:23 PM
If you posted this in the Fish Disease Treatment Forum, someone there will tell you how to operate on your fish to relieve the stress on the eyes.
:)