PDA

View Full Version : easy ?...maybe...electrical

dilligaf_biker69
04/26/2005, 03:30 PM
I have a Rid-Volt titanium grounding probe...it has the probe and three prong plug (two are plastic) ...does this need to go to a wall socket?...or will it ground to a power strip...not real good with electricity as u can see...thanks for any help....Roy

LunarCubes
04/26/2005, 04:39 PM
As far as I know it can be connected to a power strip as long the strip utilizes 3 prongs throughout. I just dont understand the concept of using a ground probe though. I mean I know why people use them but this is what im thinking: In your household, somewhere along the line the neutral and ground get connected. This means that you have not only a "ground" probe in your tank but a "neutral" probe as well. Now if your pump where to leach electricity in the tank, lets say from the "hot" wire, you are just helping to complete the circuit causing a massive problem. If you didnt have the ground probe in there, the "hot" wire that was leaching could not complete the circuit, thus no harm is done. If somebody wants to comment on this please feel free.

deano488
04/26/2005, 06:51 PM
Yeah as long as each component is grounded it will work. There should not be any point where the ground is connected to the neutral. The ground runs back to the main breaker panel and that typically has a ground that runs outside to a metal stake in the ground. As far as I know... but I could be wrong
Dean

Damn Yankee
04/26/2005, 08:58 PM
I think they're talking about a static voltage. Electric motors are good at that