PDA

View Full Version : serpent stars

mzeinstr
04/24/2005, 09:55 AM
i have a red serpent star, and a brown with bristles. i've had these two for more than a year and both are quite large. i have read that they could attack and eat fish? a few months back my goby came up missing, i never found the body. i am planning on a mandarin goby and don't want this to happen again.

please advise....

Z

redpyro
04/24/2005, 11:14 AM
remove them, i have had back luck with serpents and eating fish, even large fish....if you want to keep them make sure you feed them well and regularly

mzeinstr
04/24/2005, 11:25 AM
WOW, that would mean tearing down all my rock to get to them. that was my concern seeing as the mandarin would be living in the rock, which is exactly where the serpents live. i do feed them about everyother day early in the morning while the tank is dark, do i want to take the chance or tear down the rock..... the fish i have now are all fast swimmers, but they do sleep in the rocks....

decisions, decisions...... my rock is set up so nice, too

Z

LukFox
04/24/2005, 11:35 AM
You can always put some food (silverside or something) in the open, when they grab the food, grab them before they get away.

redawg
04/24/2005, 11:48 AM
mine have gone through a couple fish.. i feed them regularly now.. since i've been feeding them they haven't bothered anymore fish

CletusKlump
05/12/2005, 11:23 PM
Just send me the red serpent star he is just to dangeerous. If fed regularly they pose no problem.