View Full Version : snowflake eels

jmack
04/22/2005, 09:13 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering if there was a way to keep a tank with an eel in it more secure..is there some sort of screen or material you can put over holes to keep it from escaping?

Jerry W
04/22/2005, 10:13 PM
Egg crate works well. It's the plastic light diffuser sold at most Home Depot and other related stores. It can be cut to shape.

Dragon Moray Eels
04/22/2005, 10:45 PM
jmack, I moved some time ago and as of right now, my 180 reef tank not all done in setup for my dwarfs to be returned to their tank, but i have a person here in NC that does all my setup for me for im disabled with a back injury and this person can get me whatever i want to have and do knows what i want from the way i tell him of what im looking for.
Know i know the name of it, but it may be a little while for him to answer me on what the material is called for i can get it, for i also having it put on my other reef tank, a 240 for another pair of dwarf eels will be in that tank as well and this materiel is over the overflow box and across the back opening for i would suggest you do this as well. I will post the name soon as i learn what it is called, for just as you are explaining it here in what your looking for, he thought of this type of material.
Buddy ><{{{{">

Absint Reefer
04/22/2005, 11:15 PM
duck tape

Dragon Moray Eels
04/22/2005, 11:56 PM
duck tape

Carson Lee, My twin eel tanks has duct tape because they have covers and a canopy which mean they are open at the back the tank and that is why jmack thought of the same thing as i have.
Buddy ><{{{{">

Dragon Moray Eels
04/22/2005, 11:59 PM
which mean they are open at the back the tank
Sorry i not finish this line and is the cause for me to double post but im talking about no cover with canopy reef tanks.