PDA

View Full Version : Don't Shop Here!

scottywags
04/22/2005, 03:37 PM
Check this out, ( just remember that I cleaned this up for our "G" rating!)
There is a store on 441 headed out towards Apopka. I've been in there before back when I first got in to the hobby. Well it's looked like it's been closed for awhile, until today I was driving out that way and noticed a neon "open" sign in the window. So I stop in to see what they got.
So i walk in and ask the guy behind the counter if the carry live coral. He doesn't say anything just pionts be to the back room. I walk back there and there has to be 100 tanks mostly fresh water. Well I find this 1 tank in the back with what looks to be coral in it. I look in the tank and everything appears to be dead or on it's way (i.e. the only acro in there is upside down sticking out of the sand like it fell and completly bleached, Yumas melting, leathers dripping, and a Sun coral that from what I could tell just about every tube was a bare skeleton).
So I continue around the store (aquarium side) looking in the different tanks. About 5 min. later the guy from behind the counter walks back and says can I help you with anything? I say Is that the only tank with live coral in it. He says yes. Then I ask him if they were having problems with their params at all, because everything looks like it's just about dead.
Dead he says, No everything is perfect! So at this time we are standing in front of the tank, and I say Perfect? Oh O.K.! That's it we stand there for about 20 seconds in silence staring at the tank. Then out of the blue he turns around and says " GET THE F#$@ OUT OF MY STORE"! I said hey I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be an ashhole or anything. He says well you are an ashhole and get the F out!
Well he's standing in front of me so I would have to go around him to get to the front door. So I say well move so I can leave. Then this big guy comes out of the back of the store and stands next to him. So he steps aside and I walk past him while telling him that he's a scumbag! He comes up behind me and shoves me from behind!
Well I could go on from here telling what words were exchanged back and forth. But I was the bigger guy by walking out instead of laying him out. He did follow me to the front door talkin smack the whole time so I decided to kick his glass front door with the hopes of watching it shatter into a million pieces, but that didn't happen. Instead I just about ripped my big toes toe nail off (stupid move on my part)!

Sorry for the long post but scumbags must be called out!
I can see why that store has never been mentioned on any of the "best LFS in Orlando" threads.

skuntking
04/22/2005, 03:56 PM
Where is it at again, lets go raid the #*$@$

whiterastaboy16
04/22/2005, 04:01 PM
i would say we could poison his tanks, but it sounds like hes already done that himself. we could feed him some zoos cuz as we all know zoos WILL kill you!!!

floridajhawk
04/22/2005, 04:01 PM
im down for beatin some lfs ***

George_N_Jo
04/22/2005, 04:57 PM
Scotty,

Sorry to hear that happened to you. That store is always very filthy and has never provided any level of customer service. Boycott is the way for the club to deal with that. Can you describe the person who assaulted you? Also can you describe the individual who was the accessory to the assault? You do have legal options. I am a firm believer of make individuals personally responsible for their poor choices. Report it to the police.

George_N_Jo
04/22/2005, 04:59 PM
It was today? Correct?

YodaHart
04/22/2005, 05:43 PM
Is it one of the stores listed on our website under the benefits section? If so, could you please PM me the name?

Thanks!

scottywags
04/22/2005, 05:59 PM
Not really sure of the name of the store, it used to to have a sign out front saying it was the "Largest aquarium store in the Southeast" But now it is alot more run down than it previously was. That's is one of the reasons I stopped in, because it did look like it had been closed for along time. I was hopeing for a "new" store in Orlando to check out on a reg. basis.

Yeah I know exactly how the looks and could describe him to a tee. I examined every inch of his face to try and decide where I was going to hit him first, then decided I would rather spend the money on corals instead of bail.

It's on 441 (OBT) headed towards Apopka on the right hand side, you really have to look for it or know it's there. I'll see if I can get an address next time I'm out that way.

Mr Neutron
04/22/2005, 06:31 PM
I'm sure we all know the store - starts with A ends with M. Had that guy laid a finger on me I would have been on my cell with the police ready to press charges right then and there. Might be too late now.

As for the livestock, if they really are being cared for so poorly it might be time for Fish & Game to pay them a visit.

floridajhawk
04/22/2005, 06:48 PM
maybe its because im young but I would love to go down there and say nicely his tanks are lacking have that big fool come out and hmmmm yes hope i can get help with bail lol

scottywags
04/22/2005, 06:53 PM
Florida j, I used to be the same way but 6 months from now I really don't want another court date and more money out of my pocket for attorneys. Ask me how I know this!

skuntking
04/22/2005, 06:54 PM
prolly just needs to be shut down for good, off topic, but has anyone noticed fishy buisness stuff is all dieing, especially the display tanks and softys.

LunarCubes
04/22/2005, 07:12 PM
Hey Josh, Ill bail you out as long as you pay up!!

floridajhawk
04/22/2005, 07:36 PM
ahhh thanks man haha, sorry though scotty it sucks about that place find out the name we can post it on all forums around here make sure they just slowly dissolve away

Jovreefer
04/22/2005, 07:52 PM
I really dont think anyone should be shy about telling us the name of this store, you did not do anything wrong.

floridajhawk
04/22/2005, 07:53 PM
yes please someone say the name spread the word I dont want another fellow reefer having to deal with this nonsense ever again /)

AJ69
04/22/2005, 08:16 PM
THE AQUARIUM (Semoran Blvd/ North OBT) ?:D
Sorry to hear that,though that is one of the worst lfs I have seeing. My .02 cents;)

jay24k
04/22/2005, 08:18 PM
Only store I know is called The Aquarium and it is off 441 little past the intersection of 436 and 441 toward the right.

YodaHart
04/22/2005, 08:30 PM
That's what I was thinking. I went there once and was greatly disappointed. They wanted $10 for a single tiny mushroom. The facilities were crap and the workers were less than helpful.

I'll work on removing their add from our website, but I have to discuss it with all of the board member first.

thefishbowl
04/22/2005, 08:33 PM
Scott -

They must have stolen our customer service secrets. Here is a typical encounter at The Fish Bowl...

ME: What is happening Scotty?

SCOTTY: Not much...I love Apopka.

ME: That's cool.
ME: Now get out.

:uzi: :wildone:

No, seriously what the hell happened - if it happened like you stated you really need to take some legal action. It doesn't make sense why they would go off like that. I say we boycot all LFS - screw em all!

Greg

thrlride
04/22/2005, 08:47 PM
I don't think I visited that one when I was down there. I did visit the fish bowl though.

scottywags
04/22/2005, 09:18 PM
Greg, I wish I could reflect back and think that it happened different, ( cause I have a tendancy to pis# people off without realizing) but I really kept my mouth shut when he told me that everything was "perfect".
I would love it some of you could stop in and look at the only tank they have with coral in it and give me your opinion. I could be wrong.
But I do know that I DID NOT lay a hand on him, nor did I curse him or his store before he got vulger! (after that I cannot be held responsable!)
Whenever I upset someone without realizing what I did, and try and reflect back I always feel bad because that was not my intention. I shoot from the hip, if you know what I mean ( I tell it like it is). The more I think about it, the more I wish that I would have beat his ash right there in his own store, BUT the older I get the more I realize it just is not worth it! F'ing SCUMBAG!
We have all had problems with our tanks, I've had stuff die and look ill, so I was not blaming him. I just merely asked if they were having problems with getting their params in check! (we've all had problems with that) But now I realize that they just really don't care and are selling crap to unknowledgeable people!
I thank you ALL for your support!

scottywags
04/22/2005, 09:26 PM
Oh, and I did not call the police for the fact that i was alone, and it was my word against his and his employees.

Plus ( I did not mention this before, seeing as though it was such a long post to begin with) when I got to my truck, I saw this old guy walkin to the building. I said to him " I would not shop here that guy is a scumbag!)
He droopped the bags in his hands and came running over to me screaming that I was the scumbag and he acte like he was going to hit me. All I could think was "are you for real! is this really happening!" I realized that he must have been this guys father/ part owner! All in all it was a great day at the LFS! LOL

deano488
04/22/2005, 10:09 PM
That really sucks bro... That **** ruins a great hobby. Fortunalty we have enough fish stores around that nobody has to go there EVER AGAIN! That guy should get poisened by some lethal zoos.
Dean

patharm
04/22/2005, 10:19 PM
Sounds like the kind of service we get at the "Aqua Zoo" here in Jacksonville Florida. They also like to run out the customers that know a little about reefs.

Pat

floridajhawk
04/22/2005, 10:23 PM
ok I say road trip roll in 40 deep ill bring tyrone and nuck nuck haha

floridajhawk
04/22/2005, 10:24 PM
if he wants to throw down in fisticuffs i got jack johnson and tom o'leary waitin right here what lfs what :)

Navymedic
04/22/2005, 10:34 PM
That place sucks, I been there a couple of times, place looked like it couldve been nice once but is pretty run down now, just don't go there again, its not worth it...

There was once a time in dear NY where I would get ghetto and throw a brick through a window, but if we just boycott it sends a stronger signal ;)

Navymedic
04/22/2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by YodaHart
That's what I was thinking. I went there once and was greatly disappointed. They wanted $10 for a single tiny mushroom. The facilities were crap and the workers were less than helpful.

I'll work on removing their add from our website, but I have to discuss it with all of the board member first.

I don't think a discussion is warrented bro, this shouldn't even be worth mention at the board meeting, the people (us) want this off the website. If they don't care enough for their animals why would they care about the consumer? This place is bad news, just take it off the website, I mean if need be we can have a "vote" here on RC ;)

Mr Neutron
04/23/2005, 12:33 AM
So I take it they won't be honoring the 10% ORCA discount?

TigerWoods
04/23/2005, 09:13 AM
I've been there before. Its disgusting. The ponds outside stink too.

YodaHart
04/23/2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Mr Neutron
So I take it they won't be honoring the 10% ORCA discount?

Well, the discount is only for livestock, and they don't have much of that, so I guess not.

floridajhawk
04/23/2005, 12:04 PM
haha

Mr Neutron
04/23/2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by YodaHart
Well, the discount is only for livestock, and they don't have much of that, so I guess not.

Bummer. :lol:

weefishman
04/23/2005, 01:55 PM
Haha, WOW!! From the looks of this post it seems that most of us are aware of this store's level of customer service, and I'm sure most have had the experience of them telling us sick corals are perfectly healthy, but verbal and physical assault!!! I'm just glad I bit my tongue when they told me that the fox coral melting off its skeleton was fine. This is America and if you're corals are dieing, the customer has a right to call you out on it. Honestly who behaves like that!! Well I've got some more words but I'll keep the off the board.

Oh ya, and I don't know how effective a club boycott would be, I mean does anyone in this club actually stop by there more than once? Well done on spreading the word though.

-Jonny

Fuzzy
04/23/2005, 04:16 PM
When we were first starting out in this addiction I was told that I had to go check them out.
So we did.
All I can say is we didn't buy a thing and have never been back.:rolleye1:

Scotty - I've gotta say I am impressed at the way you handled the situation. If the guy had pushed me from behind .... let's just say one of us would have been up on assault charges :mad2:
And it wouldn't have been me......

Fuzz

PumaKrieg
04/23/2005, 09:54 PM
I can't believe some people can own a shop and be so rude and horrible to living animals and people!

kenny77
04/23/2005, 10:13 PM
give me $50 and i'll make a call. the store will be open but they wont have any employees for a month

Angelofish
04/23/2005, 10:19 PM
BOYCOTT!! NYAH!! I say you guys all go over there but at different times of the day. Act like your interested in buying alot of stuff. Ask alot of questions and ask to see all the expensive stuff.After his eyes glaze over with greed, refuse to buy anything when you see the coral tank. Ask him if hes having a problem keeping the parameters in check too. LOL! If he got that freaked out over one person,imagine what 15 people will do.

kenny77
04/23/2005, 10:33 PM
i havent go there yet but i go tomorow and i'll do that Angelofish. of course not by my self. :D i will like to see if he will tell me something whe he get to se my friend (6'9", 300# bouncer)

floridajhawk
04/23/2005, 10:35 PM
haha we could do that i just want to go with my neighbor the policeman talk and act normal talk about his corals he pushes me and then bam what do u know, wont be doin that again :) just a thought anyone else agree this to be an option ?

Angelofish
04/23/2005, 10:41 PM
Don't walk in together. Wait until he flips then call your friend over. 300# WOW! His crap probably weighs more than the store guy.

kenny77
04/23/2005, 10:44 PM
that what im going to do. he will be going inside 10 minute after me. so they beleive that we dont know each other.

Angelofish
04/23/2005, 10:46 PM
If anybody has little kids you could feed them popcorn or chips. Then tell the kids to go around the store and point at the fish tanks. Especially if they see Nemo. Little fingerprints everywhere.:lol:

floridajhawk
04/23/2005, 10:58 PM
im only 6'2'' 238 but 8 or so years of boxing might help haha i like my adult cop idea the best though ill just have him wear plain clothes

whiterastaboy16
04/23/2005, 11:08 PM
anyone that goes in there bring pics of what your tanks look like and point out what the corals SHOULD look like if he says everything is perfect

floridajhawk
04/23/2005, 11:09 PM
haha

floridajhawk
04/23/2005, 11:11 PM
all this being said cant we make a call or two to the BBB try to handle this realistically other than thoughts of beating him up, nobody should strong arm our boy scotty or anyone for that matter and get away with it. Especially not someone that is in charge of a local business in our community

scottywags
04/24/2005, 09:47 AM
This is makin me all weepy inside! I love the support.

reed_5point0
04/24/2005, 03:54 PM
Well im down to go whenever, I played 5A Varisty Football and I was in the UFC Minor leauges on FSN. and if all else fails, I own an Ak-47 that gets a point across real nice.

deano488
04/24/2005, 04:18 PM
We should call the people on animal planet... the police that rescue animals and arrest the person responsible for the neglect. How great would that be... that guy gets his shop closed down and goes to jail and all of us can be on animal planet!!
Dean

floridajhawk
04/24/2005, 04:53 PM
haha deano u are one crazy jewish man lol :)

Navymedic
04/24/2005, 05:17 PM
such violence :uzi: :fun2:

LOL

Jovreefer
04/24/2005, 10:40 PM
HaHa I'm down for going to the store and acting like I'm gonna "start up" a big tank and need to buy ALL my suplies...then say the same thing about the coral... wonder if they wil be rude to me or sweet...bet I'll get the same reaction when I refuse to buy because of their perfect corals.

floridajhawk
04/24/2005, 10:42 PM
from what ive heard i dont think theyll say anything to you. If he puts his hands on a woman thats a whole nother story no offense scott, but he treats u the same we a have ourselves a problem

Navymedic
04/24/2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Jovreefer
HaHa I'm down for going to the store and acting like I'm gonna "start up" a big tank and need to buy ALL my suplies...then say the same thing about the coral... wonder if they wil be rude to me or sweet...bet I'll get the same reaction when I refuse to buy because of their perfect corals.

The Devil himself couldn't be rude to you, LOL

Jovreefer
04/25/2005, 09:56 AM
hmm...would be interesting to see what they do though. I might venture that way in the next week or 2.

stellablu
05/14/2005, 11:56 AM
Two words: Mob Run.