PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have T5 TekLights?

Nuhtty
04/21/2005, 07:20 PM
I am considering the 4x39w (or maybe the 6x39w) for my 65g tank.

I would love to see some tank shots and hear some comments.

Thanks

alannathanson
04/22/2005, 12:21 PM
I know Mebarryb is high on T-5's, oceanencounter.com has good prices, but the bulbs are additional. I called him and he talked me into using MH because I have sps corals. I bought a fixture from Pets Plus after the PARC meeting there a few months ago when they gave us 20% off. 2x10k - 150w MH, 2x96w PC true actinics, 3xLED moonlights. Around $650 including tax, very satisfied.

mebarryb
04/23/2005, 08:08 AM
I have the 4 bulb on my tank and love it.
Its a close second to my Euro reef as the best thing i did for the tank.
I went with the 4 instead of the 6 so i would have less lit areas around the corners to leave me room for lower light corals.
Though once the sticks bit me the other stuff doenst really inrterst me anymore.
I only keep rics, zoos and my gettting very close to overpopulated sps, Some of the zoos and rics didnt like the switch when i made it though they are all fine now.

If your going with a wooden hood id probly go retro kit with the ice caps,
I think they are few bucks cheaper, but if you want the metal hood go for it. Its a great light.

Someday i'll sit down and take some shots but taking pics of my tank, as an amateur photographer buff with all the cool equipment taking pics of the corals doesnt really interst me, I know im not all there.