PDA

View Full Version : Good source for anenomie / Colors under sandbed...

freedomverse
04/21/2005, 04:24 PM
I realize you will be out till Saturday, but when you get a chance here are my questions. Others can feel free to answer too.

I am looking for a good source to purchase an anemone. My local fish store doesn't have any good specimens and it is hard to decide shopping blind on the internet. Any recommendations?

The other question...

Looking up at my glass from underneath (under the sand bed) I can see black, red, green and orange swirls/spots of (algae?) -- is this normal? I have a 20-gallon sump under the tank that is lighted to grow grape calurpa. Could the light be causing this problem? Is this even considered a problem? Thanks.

Jared.

rshimek
04/23/2005, 10:41 AM
Hi Jared,

The only host anemone I would recommend getting would be Entacmaea quadricolor. Then I would look for one that is advertised as being a clone. Some aquarists will sell or trade you one of these. Occasionally, one sees them for sale from an online vendor.

The colors you see are various types of cyanobacteria. All colors are possible and all are normal. Light penetrates all the way through a sand bed in sufficient intensity to allow photosynthesis.