PDA

View Full Version : The wrong cat

wdt2000
01/18/2002, 04:43 PM
I went to pick up my cat this morning from the vet. I was very tired and she had just been spayed. They gave her to me in her traveling cage and I took her home. When I open the door to let her out my other cats started to hiss. I looked down and there was someone else fat cat that looked nothing like my cat. Lucky enough I called the vet and they still had my cat. Atleast it was not a total mix up. I just though this was pretty funny after I got my cat back.

Will

DgenR8
01/18/2002, 04:48 PM
Are you sure they didn't cut out the wrong parts??

wdt2000
01/18/2002, 08:50 PM
:D It is possible. The cut wound is in the shape like an "S"!!

DgenR8
01/18/2002, 08:54 PM
SUPER CAT....!

nucleuscracker
01/19/2002, 08:39 PM
omg thats hillarious........

hopefully you will get YOUR cat back...lol.

Angel*Fish
01/22/2002, 11:06 AM
That's hilarious!! LOL!!!! Glad you got your cat back!!! Did they tell the other cat's owner about their kitty's little adventure??!!!

I had that happen also - sort of -

Went out of town, dropped off my 2 cats at my mom's..
Got back, she still had 2 cats, but one of them was the wrong cat!!! Fortunately the one that was lost had originated as a stray we had been feeding (but for at least a year) - we let the "stranger" cat out at her house (obviously a neighbor's cat) and after some extensive searching went home with just the one cat. To this day my mother never mentioned it -- I'm assuming she never noticed:rolleyes:

I was bothered at the time but now it just seems funny (BTW - if the lost cat came back to my mom's house, it would have been fed.. she fed any hungry animal -- I think it probably found another home)

Also - 2 years ago I bought a 4 mo. old Persian that was supposed to be female -- took it to vet who certified it to be very sick and verified its "femaleness"
A month later, the now healthy cat is, um, bathing & it suddenly becomes very obvious that it is definitely NOT female!!!!:mad:
We had him immediately fixed and changed the name "Penelope" to something a little more masculine - although it hardly seemed necessary after the surgery
No kittens for us:(

lori344
01/24/2002, 01:26 PM
Funny stories Will and Marie!! :thumbsup: