PDA

View Full Version : Selcon

rcraig
04/12/2005, 02:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am reading more and more about folks adding Selcon to their marine food. I have seen online retailers who sell it, but it seems like here locally in Orlando, most LFS aren't familiar with it. I asked Fishy Business and Sea in the City over the past week, and neither one had an idea on what I was talking about. Nothing at all against them! .... maybe it's just not common here locally.

So, anyone know where I can get it? Is it really worth it?

Thanks in advance!
Rob

scottywags
04/12/2005, 06:13 PM
I too have read alot about it, but never seen it locally. Just following along.

johnson1
04/12/2005, 11:17 PM
Aquatic Eco-Systems lists a 2oz. and a 16 oz. package of Selcon.

John Vandemark
ORCA Public Relations

Mr Neutron
04/12/2005, 11:25 PM
Hard to imagine anyone in the industry not hearing of Selcon. Seven Seas has carried it for better part of a year. They've been out recently but should get more in soon.

waterfaller1
04/13/2005, 05:59 AM
How is it compared to Zoe?

Mr Neutron
04/13/2005, 11:43 AM
It's a nutritional supplement. Boosts vitamin C & B and provides marine lipids and fatty acids. I soak fish and coral food in it.

orb
04/13/2005, 12:39 PM
if u are going to order it, i'd get selco, which is the same just concentrated. brineshrimpdirect.com sell it, along with golden pearls. both good for use in homemade foods.

Mr James
04/14/2005, 12:01 PM
I had a CBB with a hint of infection. I used Selcon and actual garlic (cut up into tiny pieces) and soaked my food with it for up to 2 hours before feeding my fish. The CBB infectious-looking area cleared up and the other fish seemed quite happy.