PDA

View Full Version : AquaC Remora Pro or CPR Dual Bak Pak

KJB32
04/12/2005, 02:38 PM
Trying to decide between these two skimmers for my 75 gallon.
I have heard alot of great things about the Remora Pro, but havent heard much (good or bad) about the CPR Dual Bak Pac.

With both having the add-on skimmer boxes, the Remora Pro is about $75 more than the CPR. Is it worth it? :confused:

Maxxumless
04/12/2005, 03:00 PM
Personally, I would not go with either. I have a thread comparing the Urchin Pro against a 75 buck skimmer and the Pro lost every test (Search load is too high else I would give you the link). The really sucky thing is that 99% of good skimmers are for sump or external use. The only hang-on I can recommend with good confidence is the Tunze HOB, but it is expensive (around 300 I think). You could try an Excalibur from chamionlighting.com, but I think it is a little underpowered for a 75g. For that matter, a CPR or Remora Pro would be too. What you need is an ASM G-1x or Sealife (or Sea Clear) Systems 150 – it is very inexpensive and outperforms most skimmers in its class.

Long story short, want a good skimmer get a sump.

[Edit: found the link - http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=564813 ]