PDA

View Full Version : Premium Aquatics

Horace
04/12/2005, 12:57 PM
Man I am thinking of buying my live rock at PA during this months outing...I hear their stuff is out of this world. Given that I can avoid paying shipping, that would save quite a bit of money. I wonder if I order it online and pick it up in store if I can avoid the sales tax still??? Pondering on that one! Any ideas?

jeyes1
04/12/2005, 01:34 PM
doubtful

Horace
04/12/2005, 02:17 PM
I emailed them to ask... hopefully I hear back soon and I will let you all know.

lglamb
04/12/2005, 02:18 PM
I've mentioned this to them before and they seemed
amenable to the idea. Although I was thinking dry
goods that would have a known pre-pay attached.
The live rock cost would vary according to the
weight of the individual pieces you select.

Doesn't hurt to email them and ask about it.

Hand selecting from large quantity is the best, no doubt.

They'll box it up for you pretty good, remember to allow
for travel space on the return home.

Lowell

matt the fiddler
04/12/2005, 05:02 PM
be prepared to buy more than you go for. and try to hit it when they get a new shipment of marshall in.. those pools are stinkin awesome when they get new shipments in..

RocketSeason
04/12/2005, 08:20 PM
ooh! now I want me some rock.

aquavelvetman
04/12/2005, 09:02 PM
I second the Marshall rock. It's really nice. I wish I could have a tank completely full of it. They've got a new kind of live rock, Kaelini, that they say is nicer than their Fiji rock. Anyone ever seen it?

I have been very pleased with the Fiji and Marshall rock I've gotten from them.

matt the fiddler
04/12/2005, 09:30 PM
yes i have seen it a bunch.. marshall still wins

weimluv1
04/13/2005, 12:46 AM
i used their Kaelini when i first got started last May....

My roomie had the pleasure of going there and hand picking it too.

He went on a lunch hour (he worked in Indy at the time) and suffice it to say he was over an hour late for work :D

He said there live rock tanks are rediculous. He didn't know which pieces to pick for me because i only wanted like 30 lbs...

I CAN say the Kaelini uncured will come with corals on it...mine did.

go to my gallery Here is the link (http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&si=&thumb=1&page=3&sort=1&perpage=12&papass=&ppuser=59912&stype=) and jump to the oldest three pictures....they are of Kaelini Tonga from PA during the first 19 days of curing (it finished curing at around 13-14 days).

I do like the Marshall Island rock they get, though, too.

Horace
04/13/2005, 07:39 AM
Well now I just hope we go on the 30th so I can go :P