PDA

View Full Version : Erratic swimming, need help

ChaosReefer
04/11/2005, 06:45 PM
Okay, i bought a black and white clown not too long ago, maybe 3 - 4 weeks ago, i qt'd them for 3- 4 weeks and last night they were introduced in the main tank, they were fine unti today. One of them is entirely fine, the other one seems to be mildly to moderately retarded(might just be the way it swims) and has a strange swimming motion, it uses its pectorals an awful lotand seems to be unable to stop twitching or something regardless of the water flow, i have turned the powerhead completely off to test this and it is indeed true that it moves in the same way no matter what.

When it swims it kinda looks like it is struggling against the current, it' ll be swimming in one way and looks like its struggling and kinda moves up and down repeatedly and looks like it is moving backwards occasionally. At times it looks like there are no problems with the fish at all, like its just playing or something, it'll swim normally, sorta, and kinda just do the usual thing only with a slight up and down motion but not that large of a motion, and then at other times i think its gonna keel over and drop dead.

It displays no other symptoms as far as i can tell, so can u help me out??

hammerhead_77
04/11/2005, 06:49 PM
One of my Perc pair does similar silly stuff for no reason. Nothing wrong with it yet, but I was worried for a month or so.

ChaosReefer
04/11/2005, 07:38 PM
does it do it frequently, it was fine yesterday, today its doin these spastic up and down movement thingys, i wish i could describe it better and it looks like it cant stop moving his fins, someone else has advised me to turn off the powerheads, is this wise?