PDA

View Full Version : Help. Is my CO2 regulator gone bad?

fmuakkassa
04/10/2005, 09:19 PM
I have a Korallin Calcium Reactor and an M3 CO2 regulator and they have been working fine for couple of years. I suddenly noted that no CO2 is coming out of the bubble counter. The pressure in the tank was about 800-1000 and in the regulator about 20. I increased the pressure in the regulator and a gush of bubbles escape in the water bubble counter and stops. I increased th epressure agai to 60 then to 100 and the same thing happens. I can't even get the pressure down in the regulator when I increase it. I took the tank out and had it refilled. The same thing happened. Do I have a bad regulator or selenoid? Even with th eprecision needle valve open all the way I can't get bubbles out.

If I need a new set (pressure gauge, regulator, selenoid, needle valve ) etc. What is the best out there.

Thanks

bhdmc
04/11/2005, 12:36 PM
When you are changing the CO2 bottle, do you open the regulator up all the way before opening the valve on the bottle. If not you damage the requlator. That happen to me. Live and learn. If you cannot control your pressure with the adjustment knob, you have a bad regulator. Your solenoid is bad if you unplug it and you have CO2 coming out or if it is plug in and no CO2 comes out. That Fish Place has a CO2 regulator for a good price, around $86.00. How good it is, I do not know. Everywhere else sell them for $150.00. I purchase my from Marine Depot for around $150.00. That was a while ago. Good luck!

fmuakkassa
04/11/2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I don't remeber the sequence of valve opening or closing I did. The system is a Blueline one. Anyway, it was malfunctioning before I changed the CO2 bottle. I guess I need to buy a new one.