PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sump

jhenson
04/10/2005, 01:52 PM
I need help with the removal of my sump for my 125. When I first started this tank last summer I attempted to make the sump that came with the tank into a refugium / sump combo. Good idea - Bad Execution. The sump was not long enough for me to add a middle baffle and therefore I have the refugium flowing over directly into where my main pump is thus creating a lot of micro bubbles in the tank. I have lived with it long enough.

Today I went to take measurements and realized that the sump is 28" long & 12" wide but whoever built the stand only made width on the ends of the tank 10" for me to slide the sump in and out which is of course impossible without cutting the support 2x4 and reducing the structual integrity of the front right corner. The only thing I can concievably do it is to remove the entire stand / tank away from the wall and slide the sump out the back. It's a 125 gallon reef tank and it's not to easy to do this. All in all I want to put in a 40" x 12" sump / refugium combo.

Needless to say this was my first reef tank and I really need to fix this problem but I'm at a loss. Can anyone help me? I'd be happy to pay for the help or work out some sort of trade. Thanks

Damn Yankee
04/10/2005, 07:18 PM
How much of the 2x4 would you have to cut ? 2'' ? I dont know what the rest of your stand looks like, bout you can tie a piece of angle iron to that support and saw away !