PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to the area... In search of a few items. Have $$$$!!

Mr James
04/09/2005, 11:44 AM
I moved down here from Indiana because of a job. I had to tear down my tanks and sell off/give away all of my corals and livestock. Now, time to build it up again.
I need a flow through, decent name brand chiller, 1/4 hp preferred. I also need a decent skimmer; Beckett type skimmers are good, (previously owned My Reef's and a GEO), but wanted to try a recirculating type. Do you know of any for sale, or, are there good wholesalers or LFS's in the area with fair prices?? When I have those two items, I will be in search of live rock, right about 100 lbs or so. And then some livestock of course. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Navymedic
04/09/2005, 07:07 PM
Welcome Mr James! I love the avatar BTW. You have come to the right forum my friend, we have a multitude of LFS, a warehouse, and if you drive west to Tampa, you can get your LR. Check out our website for more info, and try and make a meeting. Once again welcome aboard :beer:

reef90
04/09/2005, 07:27 PM
Hey Mr. James,
I,m also in Palm Coast. Dont know of any wholesalers but try out Amazing Aquariums on Nova Rd. in S. Daytona.
Mark

jay24k
04/09/2005, 07:31 PM
It's up to you but I've never had to use a chiller with 250 watt bulbs down here. Still the best for prices are online. I like ASM for my skimmer. They have some bigger ones that are recirculating types or you can mod them yourself.

Mr James
04/11/2005, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the welcome!! I plan to get aquainted with the area as time permits, (I still have to work quite a bit), and I also plan to join ORCA. It's going to take a few months to even get the tank up and running. I am still pondering what type of tank I may set up though.

Reef90: Where in Palm Coast?? I am in the "P" section. How far down on Nova is Amazing Aquatics?? What are the cross roads?? Thanks for the heads up. I visited two other local places and was a little disappointed. I have seen better in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

achilles1
04/11/2005, 08:55 AM
Finally got settled in huh? Welcome. I will vouch for Amazing Aquariums. AD is the man and has nice live stock. Fish, frags, colonies, clams or whatever is primo. He sells ASM skimmers if that is what you want. Fish and other Icthy things has ER and other high end equipment if that is what you want.

AMazing is at the intersection of NOVA and Reed Canal in South Daytona. It is on the right just before the intersection. There are a couple other shops around Daytona, but that one is the best IMO though it is small

VERVE
04/11/2005, 10:19 AM
I have a berlin skimmer if you are interested, let me know

Mr James
04/11/2005, 01:15 PM
Gerald, yes we're here, but not quite settled in. You helped me considerably, I owe you if you ever need anything. I'll have to check out Amazing Aquariums then!! What is "Fish and other Icthy things"?? Two different stores?? Do you have a link or a phone number??

375Reef
04/11/2005, 01:57 PM
fish and other ichthy things is in Tampa area- here is a link with some info. John is the owner - highly recommend the store, great corals and product!

http://www.ichthythings.com/

Mr James
04/11/2005, 02:10 PM
Oldsmar!! Small world, we used to have a condo there when I was young. Sounds like a healthy day trip to visit all of the good places on the other side of the state. Before I MapQuest it, can anyone tell me the drive time from Daytona to Tampa??

375Reef
04/11/2005, 02:29 PM
It will be 2.5-3 hours depending on traffic etc..

Navymedic
04/11/2005, 06:59 PM
Daytona to Tampa? 4.5-5 hours there is some constrution for about 20-30 miles and it slooooows down real bad. Sometimes it takes me 2.5 hours and I'm in Orlando :mad2:

Mr James
04/12/2005, 05:12 AM
I was telling the guys I work with that I may take 40 over to Ocala and then take 75 south. If this was just going to be a live rock run, then that may be the path I would take. But if it was a road trip, then I would have to go through Orlando so I could visit the better LFS's. That question will come in another post.

achilles1: I went to Amazing Aquariums last night and they look to be a good source for livestock. Nice looking frags!! Didn't talk to AD, but I did talk to the stocky guy who says he is there 24/7. He seemed nice and AA was much better than the other stores I visited in Daytona!!

reef90
04/12/2005, 02:41 PM
Mr James,
AD from AA is usually in the shop at 11am or in the evening after 6 and usually can order anything you need. Rt 40 to Tampa will take about 4hrs and I4 will normally be 3 hrs, but with traffic who knows!
Mark